Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785000 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3060 on: 30 September 2015, 20:45 »

Snip

Snip

And that is why Black is the best colour!!!

I concur!  :laugh:

Reflections don't get any better than DBP.  Just wait till I've detailed and smothered it in my favourite carnauba wax!  :laugh:  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Congratulations Rebecca it looks stunning....and very mean!
It looks amazing now. I can't wait to see what it looks like after you've detailed it. Enjoy! :-)

Thanks Rob.  :smiley:  Can't wait to detail it but will have to as it's a couple weeks before I can find the time.  :angry:  Will no doubt post a few piccies up in the Detailing Section as things progress.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3061 on: 30 September 2015, 20:47 »
Picked it up!   

After an 8 month wait, picked up my new R this morning.  Efficient, no frills handover at JCB Medway, suited me fine.

Formalities over, started it up and off we went.  Only driven 50 miles so far, but, it's THE BEST first 50 miles in any car I've ever had.  Awesome and exhilarating!!!  It's on another level compared to my Mk6 GTI.  8 months wait melted away with every mile.  Oh, and shod with Conti 5P's!  The R and I are going to have fun.....and then some!

Here's  few pics, after I gave it a quick wash.  I'd asked JCB not to wash or prep it and they duly complied.  In fact it was filthy, lol.  Needs a proper detail but all in good time.

Glad to see you finally have your long awaited arrival Rebecca! It looks just as fantastic as I knew it would. Look forward to seeing a lot more of it in the detailing section soon ;)

Enjoy your new wheels!

Cheers Dan.  :smiley:

Loving it already!  See you over in the Detailing Section as you know I'll be giving it lots of TLC!  :whistle: :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #3062 on: 30 September 2015, 20:53 »
I was wondering if the R would look a big plain in DBP, without the fogs and that but wow. Looks stunning Booth, can't wait to see it properly detailed in the detailing section.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3063 on: 30 September 2015, 20:56 »
Booth11:

You got the Contis - result. VAG seem to have an odd mix of tyres lately, the wife's new A1 came on Hankook rubber.

Just be easy on the turbo!  :whistle:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3064 on: 30 September 2015, 20:57 »
I was wondering if the R would look a big plain in DBP, without the fogs and that but wow. Looks stunning Booth, can't wait to see it properly detailed in the detailing section.

Cheers Kyle.  :smiley:

I was wondering the same thing for 8 months, but did have faith that it wouldn't.  Even like the brushed chrome lip and mirror which does add something to DBP but not so much that it looks too blingy.  Very glad I choose DBP.....again!  :whistle:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3065 on: 30 September 2015, 21:02 »
Booth11:

You got the Contis - result. VAG seem to have an odd mix of tyres lately, the wife's new A1 came on Hankook rubber.

Just be easy on the turbo!  :whistle:

Tyres were the first thing I checked as I was crouching down to check the transport pucks were out.  :laugh:  Very happy to have Contis, but a tiny part of me did want to try out Michelin PSS, maybe in 13K miles!!

Now what have you been doing to your R to destroy the turbo so quickly.   :whistle: :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3066 on: 30 September 2015, 21:24 »
Now what have you been doing to your R to destroy the turbo so quickly.   :whistle: :laugh:

I wish I had been treating it mean to explain it's lack of longevity, perhaps that ignored wastegate ringing was actually turbo blades or similar hitting off housing - seems crazy to me that metal on metal scraping noises can be considered normal. Metal on metal = wear.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3067 on: 30 September 2015, 21:32 »
Looks great Rebecca and it's still September too !!
Looking forward to seeing the photos after it has been pampered  :cool:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3068 on: 30 September 2015, 21:35 »

I wish I had been treating it mean to explain it's lack of longevity, perhaps that ignored wastegate ringing was actually turbo blades or similar hitting off housing - seems crazy to me that metal on metal scraping noises can be considered normal. Metal on metal = wear.

Maybe I won't bother 'babying' mine at first then. 

New turbo on order?

Mrs MH still enjoying her nifty new A1?  Wish I'd had such a nice first car rather than the Austin Metro I had the shame to drive.  :embarrassed:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #3069 on: 30 September 2015, 21:37 »
Fantastic Rebecca!!! I'm so pleased it seems the wait has been worth it, it looks superb after one of your quick washes and no doubt will be one of if not the best kept example on the forum!

Congratulations!!! :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂