Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785020 times)

Offline star93

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2980 on: 20 September 2015, 18:29 »
EPC fault again. Could this be the time to reject?

Drove out about 4 miles to get a Sunday treat cooked breakfast this morning, then drove to Smyths (a few mils away to buy my niece a birthday present). Stopped at some lights, the stop-start kills the engine, lights are about to change and I get a message to say to restart the car manually. I turn the key, the car fires up, but the EPC warning lights and stays on. I have Turbo this time though. Get to Smyths, buy the present and then coming back to the parked car, it starts up without the EPC light and drives normally for the rest of the day (about another 30 miles).

What were the issues you rejected it for?
Picking mine up this week and want to make sure everything's spot on
I would reject it buddy, it's clearly more of an issue tha your local dealer can handle. I had to reject my GTI at the beginning of the year, I was hesitant but this one is so much better

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #2981 on: 20 September 2015, 19:13 »
EPC fault again. Could this be the time to reject?

Drove out about 4 miles to get a Sunday treat cooked breakfast this morning, then drove to Smyths (a few mils away to buy my niece a birthday present). Stopped at some lights, the stop-start kills the engine, lights are about to change and I get a message to say to restart the car manually. I turn the key, the car fires up, but the EPC warning lights and stays on. I have Turbo this time though. Get to Smyths, buy the present and then coming back to the parked car, it starts up without the EPC light and drives normally for the rest of the day (about another 30 miles).

What were the issues you rejected it for?
Picking mine up this week and want to make sure everything's spot on
I would reject it buddy, it's clearly more of an issue tha your local dealer can handle. I had to reject my GTI at the beginning of the year, I was hesitant but this one is so much better

Lots and lots of things.

Centre console flap broken
Rear spoiler not attached properly
Flywheel replaced
Clutch replaced
Shock mount replaced
Synchro rings replaced (gearbox)
DAB signal quality issues
Inlet manifold replaced

Plus more, I totalled 17 claims in 12 months, but each one took at least 2-3 visits to a dealer that just wasn't cut out to deal with it. Plus the amount of time I was in a cheap courtesy car rather than mine.
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2982 on: 20 September 2015, 21:02 »
.....Hoped that it's on a boat or has even made it to the UK. 

In the meantime, I have a new boyfriend!  :laugh:

In the absence of a Golf to drive, being very cheeky, here's some pics of a limited edition Amarok Dark Label, we took delivery of on Friday.  Alcantara interior and DSG.  It's unbelievably quiet and refined inside (for a pick-up).  Any nicely familiar.  Thought I would hate it, but it's an awesome brute!   I love it!  Might also have to give it a bit of a detail  :whistle: :grin:

« Last Edit: 20 September 2015, 21:04 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2983 on: 20 September 2015, 21:13 »
Love it  :laugh:

Reminds me of my absolute favourite '80's TV show when I was growing up!

« Last Edit: 20 September 2015, 21:17 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2984 on: 20 September 2015, 21:23 »
I mean this in the best possible way MH, but you spent 9/10 months waiting in agony for the car and ever since you got it you've been looking for excuses to bring it back / reject it! I believe the EPC light can come on for the most banal of reasons. It could be something very straightforward. I'd suggest bringing it to a different service dept than last time(s) though....

JoeGTI: Their reluctance to fix an issue is the most annoying aspect. They had a fault code for the EPC and they chose to ignore and overwrite it. They then claimed that reading the code via VCDS must have wiped it. I had the text info to hand from the VCDS readout but that info didn't interest them. All that time waiting for it and it has spent 10% of it's time with me actually at the dealership.

The sad thing is that Benfield is worse than Pulman.

Never had issues like this before with 7 previous VWs bought new, and when I have had an issue the dealership has bent  over backwards to fix it. Fobbing the customer off seems to be the way VW are looking to save warranty money.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2985 on: 20 September 2015, 21:24 »
I see you didn't get all of the options on your pickup though.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2986 on: 20 September 2015, 22:07 »
I see you didn't get all of the options on your pickup though.

Dammit!  Missed out.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2987 on: 20 September 2015, 22:12 »

Haha!!!  :laugh:  That TV program must've been 'after' my time.  :wink:

Trouble is, the minute you sit in the cabin, you come over all 'I can take on the world'.  Currently thinking of a suitable name for it.  So far suggestions are Butch (a friend referred to it as such, and kinda suits it!, or Buck, or just Beast!  Wild suggestions welcome.  Keep it clean.  :grin:

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #2988 on: 20 September 2015, 22:24 »

Trouble is, the minute you sit in the cabin, you come over all 'I can take on the world'.  Currently thinking of a suitable name for it.  So far suggestions are Butch (a friend referred to it as such, and kinda suits it!, or Buck, or just Beast!  Wild suggestions welcome.  Keep it clean.  :grin:

You called?  :grin:

PS. The Amorak looks  :cool:  definitely The Beast

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2989 on: 20 September 2015, 22:33 »

You called?  :grin:

PS. The Amorak looks  :cool:  definitely The Beast

:grin: :grin: :grin:  Class!  :laugh:  Your ears must've been burning!!!

Yeah, THE BEAST does suit it.

Think how puny my little R will looks beside it.  Can't wait to get a pic of them together  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 20 September 2015, 22:37 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual