Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785005 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2950 on: 15 September 2015, 22:16 »
We didnt clear the codes on purpose so they would be left. They haven't even checked for them or they've cleared them. We can check if they are still on if you want Matt?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2951 on: 15 September 2015, 22:58 »
I had the same warning light on mine (I think) and left it for the tech to see as the car went into limp mode a few times.
When I got the car back from the dealer I was told there was no such fault code logged.
I produced my scan from VCDS and they produced their scan from the system they use and sure enough theirs had only logged my other 5 errors (unrelated and trivial).

I showed them pictures on my phone of the error lights along with the scan but they refused to do anything as their official system didn't pick it up. So maybe they never saw them on their scan of your car.

I did mean to enquire with Ross-Tech
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2952 on: 16 September 2015, 06:00 »
We didnt clear the codes on purpose so they would be left. They haven't even checked for them or they've cleared them. We can check if they are still on if you want Matt?

Chris,

They've still got the car - I left it with them, they'll try to recover the codes today and probably not act on them anyway as it's the first offence for the turbo actuator.

I know we definitely didn't clear the codes. I doubt they even looked for them before wiping, but I gave them the text you'd sent me that was straight off VCDS. Benfield are crap, Pulman are crap - am I going to have to start taking my car down to Lookers Teesside to get  decent warranty/service work?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #2953 on: 16 September 2015, 08:05 »
Lookers Teesside to get  decent warranty/service work?

I've got nothing but good things to say about them, although I've not had any serious issues like yourself.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2954 on: 16 September 2015, 21:31 »
had a convey with the wife in the Rs, we never do Golf conveys after an incident involving the Police  :grin:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2955 on: 16 September 2015, 23:09 »
Abused it while I was driving  :cry:
I was on another planet driving home from work and pulled up the handbrake switch thinking I was closing the passenger window!!
It obviously didn't like it as it nearly put me through the window!!
I couldn't work out what had happened at first. I thought something must have activated the emergency brake but there was no big red icon on the MFD.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #2956 on: 17 September 2015, 07:47 »
Abused it while I was driving  :cry:
I was on another planet driving home from work and pulled up the handbrake switch thinking I was closing the passenger window!!
It obviously didn't like it as it nearly put me through the window!!
I couldn't work out what had happened at first. I thought something must have activated the emergency brake but there was no big red icon on the MFD.

If you pull the handbrake switch up I think it activates some form of emergency braking.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2957 on: 17 September 2015, 08:01 »
If you pull the handbrake switch up I think it activates some form of emergency braking.

Yes, definitely does.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2958 on: 18 September 2015, 18:36 »
Did a bit of sacrilege:

If you can guess what you get a gold star!

Also fitted this, looks ok for fleabay quality and hopefully will stop the key rattle in the little tray I keep it in.

Andddd also tried to reapply some headlight laminx but failed so feck it, were no longer light tint!
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #2959 on: 18 September 2015, 19:17 »
Did a bit of sacrilege:

If you can guess what you get a gold star!

Also fitted this, looks ok for fleabay quality and hopefully will stop the key rattle in the little tray I keep it in.

Andddd also tried to reapply some headlight laminx but failed so feck it, were no longer light tint!

Black mirrors?
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.