Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785005 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2900 on: 05 September 2015, 16:33 »
Cleared a space for it on the driveway.....

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=275452.new#new

:cry:
The new owner certainly travelled a bit of a way to pick her up but what a stunning example Mme B.
It's nice when your well loved car goes to a good home and it's nice for the buyer to know that they're getting one of the very best examples in the country too.

Onwards and upwards and the R will be a great replacement.
I took mine on a 100 mile trip this morning, from a busy A38 skirting Dartmoor to city bypasses and relentless sets of traffic lights. The car goes from one minute a reasonably economical cruiser sat amongst the Saturday morning traffic, pootling along at the NSL where it was happily cruising along as 'just a Golf' with all that being just a Golf entails (subtle, comfy, classless, quiet), leaving the 320d drivers to do their thing proving their fertility to an uncaring audience. And then to a traffic light cafe racer to get past the scourge of modern roads - people in Focus's looking at their nav stuck to their screen and weaving in and out of lanes without so much as a glance in their mirror or a thought towards indicating their intent to take up the whole dual carriageway for no reason.
"Do you feel better for that?" came the comment from the passenger seat.
"Yes. Yes I do"
33mpg all in for the trip which ain't bad considering the traffic and hills.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2901 on: 05 September 2015, 17:19 »
Cleared a space for it on the driveway.....

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=275452.new#new

:cry:
The new owner certainly travelled a bit of a way to pick her up but what a stunning example Mme B.
It's nice when your well loved car goes to a good home and it's nice for the buyer to know that they're getting one of the very best examples in the country too.

Onwards and upwards and the R will be a great replacement.
I took mine on a 100 mile trip this morning, from a busy A38 skirting Dartmoor to city bypasses and relentless sets of traffic lights. The car goes from one minute a reasonably economical cruiser sat amongst the Saturday morning traffic, pootling along at the NSL where it was happily cruising along as 'just a Golf' with all that being just a Golf entails (subtle, comfy, classless, quiet), leaving the 320d drivers to do their thing proving their fertility to an uncaring audience. And then to a traffic light cafe racer to get past the scourge of modern roads - people in Focus's looking at their nav stuck to their screen and weaving in and out of lanes without so much as a glance in their mirror or a thought towards indicating their intent to take up the whole dual carriageway for no reason.
"Do you feel better for that?" came the comment from the passenger seat.
"Yes. Yes I do"
33mpg all in for the trip which ain't bad considering the traffic and hills.

Thanks for your kind words Mr Ex.  It is a long way to come for a car, I hope the new owner enjoyed the long drive back.  He flew down to Stansted from Glasgow and I drove up to the airport to meet him.  Today was the first time he'd seen the car in the flesh and have a test drive.  Thankfully he liked it! 

I am thrilled the car has passed to someone on here and a fellow enthusiast.  It's a new chapter in the car's history and I hope Norman gets as much enjoyment out of the car as I have.  And puts his own mark on it, however that may be.  To me, that's what it's all about!  I'm looking forward to seeing a few photos of it against some stunning Scottish landscape.  :cool:

Haha, I love your little narrative on your recent drive.  Mrs Ex not impressed then. :laugh:  I will be doing the same with my R no doubt.
The latter part of your missive aptly describes a fair bit of my morning drive to Stansted, including the usual suspects trying to prove a point.  Did someone say BMW drivers?  :whistle:  Though I have to say the worst culprit was a VW Tiguan driver, tailgating everyone in his path and weaving in and out to gain all of 5 feet.  :rolleyes:   I, of course was driving like a nun (I really was!), so I just smiled as all the idiots raced past, savouring the last moments in my car.

You'll be pleased to know I'm driving a white hire car.  Only problem is it's lacking an exhaust, takes the wrong fuel, but worst of all, I have to utilise both my left arm and left foot.  Oh, the hardship.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 05 September 2015, 18:21 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #2902 on: 05 September 2015, 17:20 »
refitted my air intake.....thank god. The cars is so unresponsive without it. Also sounds boring!
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2903 on: 05 September 2015, 17:21 »
refitted my air intake.....thank god. The cars is so unresponsive without it. Also sounds boring!

So what's next?  I can't imagine that's the last of your mods.  :wink:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #2904 on: 05 September 2015, 17:28 »

Lol am I really that transparent. I have been looking at intercoolers, the heatsoak with the map is really bad in hot weather, to the point it nearly negates the maps power. Although now is colder and people have been raving on VWROC about the powervalve system, I may have a quick look 😉
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #2905 on: 05 September 2015, 20:01 »
Finally got round to activating the inner brake lights with VCDS - tried it back in February when I got the car, but it didn't seem to work, and forgot about it till now

Before and after - looks much better now :)

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #2906 on: 05 September 2015, 20:27 »
Yeah its the best VCDS mod in my opinion. Can't understand why they font come out the factory like that. They look broken standard!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2907 on: 06 September 2015, 16:56 »

Lol am I really that transparent. I have been looking at intercoolers, the heatsoak with the map is really bad in hot weather, to the point it nearly negates the maps power. Although now is colder and people have been raving on VWROC about the powervalve system, I may have a quick look 😉

......and after that?  :laugh:

Haha, no shame in having a few plans.  You know what 'a quick look' leads to. :whistle:  Look forward to seeing how your car progresses.   :cool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2908 on: 07 September 2015, 12:01 »
Yeah its the best VCDS mod in my opinion. Can't understand why they font come out the factory like that. They look broken standard!

Probably because in the UK a brake light has to be a minimum of 100mm from a fog light. They will be fully enabled in countries that don't require a rear fog light.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #2909 on: 07 September 2015, 17:14 »

Probably because in the UK a brake light has to be a minimum of 100mm from a fog light. They will be fully enabled in countries that don't require a rear fog light.

Ah well that'd make perfect sense then! Shame though that the standard lights look poorer for following the law.