Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785014 times)

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2840 on: 22 August 2015, 15:25 »
Gazmondo, you have my utmost sympathy, that is horrible. I hope once cleaned up it becomes bearable.

Kyle, there is a TPI that encompasses the air vents, soundactuator and various othe bits whereby they order in a kit of insulation and place in various places in these areas.
i havnt the TPI number but was shown the documentation which shows the technician where to place everything.
They need to remove the side air vents which i was a bit concerned about, but they use special trim remover tools and you would never know it had been done.

I noticed there is an updated graphic on the replacement visor, still looks sh1t though.... :grin:
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2841 on: 22 August 2015, 22:12 »
Improved the fuel economy of my R considerably !!
Bought this as a second car  :whistle:

Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
« Reply #2842 on: 22 August 2015, 23:02 »

Very good but how much did the disguise cost you?  :evil:
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2843 on: 23 August 2015, 06:15 »

Very good but how much did the disguise cost you?  :evil:

Damn !! My cunning plan was flawed  :rolleyes:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2844 on: 23 August 2015, 08:13 »

Will be doing the same shortly - we have an A1 1.6TDI Sport on order for the missus, but in reality we'll be swapping cars on a weekly basis to keep the miles down on both. Unfortunately for the wife, the A1 will likely arrive around a month before her driving test.  :grin: I'm amazed how cheap it is to add her onto the R as a newly qualified second driver. I'll stick it in eco mode for when she has it.  :evil:

Could solve the problem quite easily by changing jobs and getting something a little closer to home - something i'm currently working towards as I hate my new job.  :sick:

Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2845 on: 23 August 2015, 08:18 »
Giving the R to the missus who's barely out of driving school? Brave!!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2846 on: 23 August 2015, 08:45 »
Giving the R to the missus who's barely out of driving school? Brave!!

With ACC (if we can ever get it to work - going back in on Monday night), beefy brakes and parking sensors all round i'll take a chance. She tuts every time I put my foot down - she'll never take it past 3000 revs, and she's 38, not some daft teenager.  :grin:

She took lessons about 10 years ago and was never a worry when I had her out with the L-plates on in my shiny new MK5 140TDI. She failed her test 4 times because of going wide when reversing around a corner or not looking in her mirrors enough when reversing around a corner. She gave up the lessons because it was costing her too much and we were skint back then. I will make sure she never reverses around a corner in the R after she passes her test, and she'll keep on testing until she passes.
« Last Edit: 23 August 2015, 08:47 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #2847 on: 23 August 2015, 14:38 »
Popped down to my local dealer today for two reasons, firstly to get my deposit back for the R400 as there is no point getting a car more desirable than I already have (after my R was stolen but recovered)& also to find out if having my r stolen would impact on the GFV of the car,luckily for me it doesn't because the car was recovered within 14days so will not be logged,phew.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #2848 on: 23 August 2015, 15:50 »
Album artwork on composition media has just started to display via iPhone 5, previously it wouldn't.Dont know if update on iPhone has something to do with it or not?
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline BigD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2849 on: 24 August 2015, 18:20 »