Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline mike.

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2750 on: 09 August 2015, 16:16 »
I have been looking at THIS ONE, but it gets varied reviews on AMAZON.COM

Cameras nice and discrete with a central control unit, it too gets hot during parking mode according to some of the reviews.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2751 on: 09 August 2015, 16:16 »
MH and electronics are a marriage made in Heaven Purgatory Hell! :cry: :sad:
« Last Edit: 09 August 2015, 16:18 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2752 on: 09 August 2015, 16:47 »
Just had a look at a Nextbase 402G in Halfords - I wouldn't be buying from there, but it is on the way home from Newcastle - the missus has just been to the match so I picked her up. The unit itself is smaller than I imagine it, but the mounting bracket that attaches it to the windscreen looks very big and bulky, more than doubling the overall size.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2753 on: 09 August 2015, 17:15 »

Then there is the name which a certain member on the golf r forum likes to call himself has slightly tarnished the name, & has put me off .

Love the cabin Gazmondo! What a great place to hide away in. I'd get moaned at for spending my whole life in there if I had one like that. In fact I'd only ever emerge to collect my clean clothes then go straight back into my den again.
Mind you, I'd not even get a birdhouse in my garden let alone anything bigger.

There's nowt wrong with R400 (username), he actually speaks more sense than an awful lot on that forum and does it in a very clever way! He reminds me of Egbert Nosh on here who is much missed.
Enter Forum, drop in a few grenades, watch the keyboard warriors' blood pressure go off the scale...

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2754 on: 09 August 2015, 17:46 »

Then there is the name which a certain member on the golf r forum likes to call himself has slightly tarnished the name, & has put me off .

Love the cabin Gazmondo! What a great place to hide away in. I'd get moaned at for spending my whole life in there if I had one like that. In fact I'd only ever emerge to collect my clean clothes then go straight back into my den again.

There's nowt wrong with R400 (username), he actually speaks more sense than an awful lot on that forum and does it in a very clever way! He reminds me of Egbert Nosh on here who is much missed.
Enter Forum, drop in a few grenades, watch the keyboard warriors' blood pressure go off the scale...

Mr Ex, looks like you and I are the founding (and only) members of the unofficial R400 (username) fan club.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2755 on: 09 August 2015, 17:53 »

Mr Ex, looks like you and I are the founding (and only) members of the unofficial R400 (username) fan club.  :grin:

I'll collect the annual subscriptions Mme B and you can sort out the membership certificates...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2756 on: 09 August 2015, 18:58 »

I'll collect the annual subscriptions Mme B and you can sort out the membership certificates...

Lol, let me guess the annual subscription is very expensive as it's such an exclusive club?  Nice try!  Btw, there's a charge for the membership certificate.  :tongue: :kiss:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #2757 on: 10 August 2015, 08:01 »

Detailed the car for the first time.....that takes to long
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline NeilH

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2758 on: 10 August 2015, 08:54 »
Hi,

I tried the Drive Tracker App with MirrorLink last night trundling round the local villages...

https://flic.kr/p/x954L8

https://flic.kr/p/wRs5jA

Neil.
« Last Edit: 10 August 2015, 08:55 by NeilH »

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #2759 on: 10 August 2015, 09:38 »

Detailed the car for the first time.....that takes to long

Really love that colour Remlapeel. Cracking car :cool:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR