Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784996 times)

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2730 on: 08 August 2015, 20:29 »
I have been sweeping glass after thugs smashed the front door down with sledgehammer & stole my golf r .i was asleep at the time in my cabin at the bottom of the garden completely unaware  ,but they confronted my wife who was in the house at the time screaming for the keys,luckily they didn't go up stairs where my two young boy were sleeping. The police latter found the car abandoned by the side of the road,but to be honest I wish they had'nt .

Does anybody know have this will affect the resale value of the car now it's been stolen & Recovered.

Gazmondo - is it on a PCP or bought outright? If PCP, at minimum you would give the car back rather than pay GFV to make it yours. Likelihood is that a dealer would still give you some equity if you are on the lower GFV rather than the higher (£18k +) one that was in place before the Nov 14 price rises.

I bought the car on a PCP on nov4, so not sure if I scraped in on the higher GFV. The problem I have now is trying to convince the wife to keep the car as she is understandably freaked out by the whole ordeal.

I have just had the Insurance company round to board up the broken glass & fit a new lock, but all they done was fix the old lock which the thefts have key for , luckily I had a spare mortise lock in the shed.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2731 on: 08 August 2015, 21:45 »
I ended up going out and giving the car it's C2V3 treatment after all and have ended up missing 4 goals in the Chelsea vs Swansea match (would've been watching as a neutral). The small stone chips are starting to accumulate at the front end now (around 8 of them), a few small surface scratches sorted with Mer and a C2V3 top up afterwards.

Noticed that my kind neighbour has placed 17 prosecco/wine/spirit bottles and a load of boxes in my recycling bin, a week before it is due to be emptied. I could not accept such generosity and so have placed them neatly back by their overflowing bin (they had the same bottles, but fewer of them - how I knew it was their rubbish) which is between the edge of their drive and the pavement, with printed out directions to our local tip stuck to it. Our bins are well on our property, they would've had to come through our back gate and halfway up the drive to deposit them in our bin). They're away for the weekend, so I couldn't have a word.

At least they don't park across our drive any more following Police intervention.

Bloody cheek!  Did they have a party or do they get through that much Prosecco of a normal evening  :laugh:

Sounds like your R is all nicely sealed up now.  Stone chips are a PITA!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2732 on: 08 August 2015, 21:49 »
I have been sweeping glass after thugs smashed the front door down with sledgehammer & stole my golf r .i was asleep at the time in my cabin at the bottom of the garden completely unaware  ,but they confronted my wife who was in the house at the time screaming for the keys,luckily they didn't go up stairs where my two young boy were sleeping. The police latter found the car abandoned by the side of the road,but to be honest I wish they had'nt .

Does anybody know have this will affect the resale value of the car now it's been stolen & Recovered.

:shocked:

So sorry to hear this Gazmomdo.  How horrendous for your wife, hope she is ok (and the rest of the family).  Let us know how you get on with the Police, insurance etc.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #2733 on: 09 August 2015, 10:55 »
Thanks booth

Hopefully will get the car back in a couple of weeks, it's in the police compound waiting for forensics to be done, the police have said that the car looks undamaged ( I'll be the judge of that when i get the car back) also the carpet have been removed presumedly looking for a tracker which the car didn't have.

The wife is coming round to the idea of keeping the car,but I will have to make the house like Fort Knox so she feel's safe.

Mk7 golf R DBP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2734 on: 09 August 2015, 11:27 »
Thanks booth

Hopefully will get the car back in a couple of weeks, it's in the police compound waiting for forensics to be done, the police have said that the car looks undamaged ( I'll be the judge of that when i get the car back) also the carpet have been removed presumedly looking for a tracker which the car didn't have.

The wife is coming round to the idea of keeping the car,but I will have to make the house like Fort Knox so she feel's safe.

I can understand her concerns but there's only so far you can go before you've turned your home into a prison.  If you keep the car, will you fit a tracker and/or anti-theft device?

Do you still want an R400 now?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #2735 on: 09 August 2015, 12:15 »
Might fit a tracker, but these pro car thefts seem to know where they are, I was thinking about putting a old iPhone  in the car with the find my iPhone app on it &connecting to ANKER portable power supply which should keep the phone charged for a couple of weeks at a time this way I could hide it in a more discrete place..

Regarding  R400 ,I'll probably get my deposit back as i don't want a more desirable car than I already have.
Mk7 golf R DBP

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2736 on: 09 August 2015, 12:26 »
Jeez, what a crap situation Gazmondo  :angry:

I hope the car is ok, and unless the paintwork and interior are badly marked then everything else is covered under warranty if the thugs have given it a bit of a work out. You'll have to find out whether it's listed on the insurance database as having a major claim. Hopefully not and hopefully future value won't be affected.

Begs the question - what did you do to have to sleep in the shed?   :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Damo66

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2737 on: 09 August 2015, 13:49 »
I never leave my car on the driveway, it always goes into the garage, that way when they drive around at night looking for a car, they don't see it.
Beetle (1975)
MK2 Golf GTI 16V
MK3 Golf GTI
Corrado G60
MK3 VR6
Passat Sport PDI
MK4 Golf GTI PDI 150
MK5 GTDI 140
MK5 Golf GTI
MK6 Golf R
MK6 Golf GTD
MK6 Golf GTI Ed 35
Beetle Sport TDI
MK7 Golf GTD

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2738 on: 09 August 2015, 14:06 »
Begs the question - what did you do to have to sleep in the shed?   :laugh:

Lol.  :grin:  I had just enough manners to stop myself asking that very personal question.  Although 'cabin' suggests it is so much more than a mere shed.  :laugh:

@Gazmondo - I think I'd do the same as regards the R400, still it's a sad thing when you have to alter your lifestyle because of some thieving little scroats!!

If I were you (if money permits) once the car has been thoroughly checked over mechanically etc, give it a really good detail yourself or perhaps more preferable - get a professional detailer to give it the works to eradicate any trace of the evil doers, so it will feel like a 'fresh' car for you and the family again.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 09 August 2015, 14:21 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #2739 on: 09 August 2015, 14:51 »
I do spend most of my Friday nights in the cabin,it just a nice place to relax after a busy week, plus I can watch a movie with the volume turned up to 11 & not p1ss the neighbours off, here a couple of pics of the man cave.

Mk7 golf R DBP