Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785019 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2720 on: 08 August 2015, 16:29 »
You're overthinking it. It's highly likely to be sticker residue that wasn't removed properly in the PDI. The wheels usually have stickers / tape / labels on them from the factory.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2721 on: 08 August 2015, 17:04 »
As Joe says. This is how mine was pre collection after it had just arrived on the boat.

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2722 on: 08 August 2015, 17:11 »
You're overthinking it. It's highly likely to be sticker residue that wasn't removed properly in the PDI. The wheels usually have stickers / tape / labels on them from the factory.

They were thoroughly cleaned up with all residues gone prior to me applying C2V3 to them when the car was picked up. The residue is new. Maybe they have to apply stickers as some kind of markers during the wheel realignment process?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2723 on: 08 August 2015, 17:14 »
It's clouded over - watch the Chelsea match or give the car a C2V3 coat?  :huh:

Offline Damo66

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2724 on: 08 August 2015, 17:49 »
Sold it!!
Beetle (1975)
MK2 Golf GTI 16V
MK3 Golf GTI
Corrado G60
MK3 VR6
Passat Sport PDI
MK4 Golf GTI PDI 150
MK5 GTDI 140
MK5 Golf GTI
MK6 Golf R
MK6 Golf GTD
MK6 Golf GTI Ed 35
Beetle Sport TDI
MK7 Golf GTD

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2725 on: 08 August 2015, 17:56 »
They might have to strap the wheels down when doing the alignment. It's a while since I ever had that job done but I remember the wheels needed to be secured down.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #2726 on: 08 August 2015, 18:55 »
I have been sweeping glass after thugs smashed the front door down with sledgehammer & stole my golf r .i was asleep at the time in my cabin at the bottom of the garden completely unaware  ,but they confronted my wife who was in the house at the time screaming for the keys,luckily they didn't go up stairs where my two young boy were sleeping. The police latter found the car abandoned by the side of the road,but to be honest I wish they had'nt .

Does anybody know have this will affect the resale value of the car now it's been stolen & Recovered.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline jpo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2727 on: 08 August 2015, 19:03 »
 :sad:Know sweet FA about the resale value but hope the wife is aswell as can be mate.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2728 on: 08 August 2015, 19:20 »
I have been sweeping glass after thugs smashed the front door down with sledgehammer & stole my golf r .i was asleep at the time in my cabin at the bottom of the garden completely unaware  ,but they confronted my wife who was in the house at the time screaming for the keys,luckily they didn't go up stairs where my two young boy were sleeping. The police latter found the car abandoned by the side of the road,but to be honest I wish they had'nt .

Does anybody know have this will affect the resale value of the car now it's been stolen & Recovered.

Gazmondo - is it on a PCP or bought outright? If PCP, at minimum you would give the car back rather than pay GFV to make it yours. Likelihood is that a dealer would still give you some equity if you are on the lower GFV rather than the higher (£18k +) one that was in place before the Nov 14 price rises.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2729 on: 08 August 2015, 19:36 »
I ended up going out and giving the car it's C2V3 treatment after all and have ended up missing 4 goals in the Chelsea vs Swansea match (would've been watching as a neutral). The small stone chips are starting to accumulate at the front end now (around 8 of them), a few small surface scratches sorted with Mer and a C2V3 top up afterwards.

Noticed that my kind neighbour has placed 17 prosecco/wine/spirit bottles and a load of boxes in my recycling bin, a week before it is due to be emptied. I could not accept such generosity and so have placed them neatly back by their overflowing bin (they had the same bottles, but fewer of them - how I knew it was their rubbish) which is between the edge of their drive and the pavement, with printed out directions to our local tip stuck to it. Our bins are well on our property, they would've had to come through our back gate and halfway up the drive to deposit them in our bin). They're away for the weekend, so I couldn't have a word.

At least they don't park across our drive any more following Police intervention.

« Last Edit: 08 August 2015, 19:38 by monkeyhanger »