Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785019 times)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2680 on: 01 August 2015, 18:04 »
I had 3 total actually  :grin: and no not self employed just alone at work, sorta.
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2681 on: 01 August 2015, 18:07 »
I still can't believe you've not had a bollocking for having just one bucket...  :whistle:

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that bucket no.2 was just out of shot  :wink:

I had 3 total actually  :grin: and no not self employed just alone at work, sorta.

3 is the magic number. 2 for the bodywork, 1 for wheels.  You've nearly redeemed yourself  :kiss:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2682 on: 01 August 2015, 19:41 »
Lol do not judge me too harshly booth! It was free with a bucket and shampoo from halfords for being on O2 I never actually used it just the bucket!

:grin: :grin: I picked up my free bucket and shampoo as well. I'll use the shampoo and sponge on my missus car, it's going nowhere near mine  :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2683 on: 01 August 2015, 23:24 »
Lol do not judge me too harshly booth! It was free with a bucket and shampoo from halfords for being on O2 I never actually used it just the bucket!

:grin: :grin: I picked up my free bucket and shampoo as well. I'll use the shampoo and sponge on my missus car, it's going nowhere near mine  :grin:

Must admit that's my attitude towards my partners van. 

But it's much worse than that.  He usually shoves it through an auto car wash, but a few months ago, as I was cleaning my car on the driveway, he decided to follow suit.  As I was snow foaming mine and he asked me to give his a coating at the same time, which I duly did.  I then watched in shocked disbelief as he picked up a dusty old broom and used it to rub the snow foam into the paintwork before giving it a cursory blast with the jet washer!!!!  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:  A sponge would have been pure luxury. 

I'm still in therapy.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 01 August 2015, 23:29 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2684 on: 02 August 2015, 19:44 »
Cleaned my 4 pipes. Middle ones really as the outer two were fine but I also cleaned the outer ones. The
rest of the car is filthy on the outside but very clean on the inside.

Will be detailed on Thursday.

Took the car for a long run and on various road surfaces. The Bridgestones have been properly rubbed now, the noise is significantly less and now totally acceptable. Car was incredible on the twisties and a flyer on the straights. Zero wind noise. Car gets better and better.
« Last Edit: 02 August 2015, 19:51 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2685 on: 02 August 2015, 20:15 »
Cleaned my 4 pipes. Middle ones really as the outer two were fine but I also cleaned the outer ones.

Nobody likes sooty pipes!  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2686 on: 02 August 2015, 20:37 »
Checked my oil. Cars 2 months old and still not used a drop.  :cool:
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #2687 on: 02 August 2015, 23:01 »
Not really today but since Friday night. Drove from Birmingham to Marseille approx 900 mile trip. Must say very comfortable.

Loved the drive down. Will write up a proper read if anyone is interested. Loads of golfs no GTD GTi or R. Well I saw one MK 7 GTI PP.

Weird seeing the spec on euro Golf MK 7 some have led rear lights some don't taken have single U DRL most don't. I digress got down here on an avg 56 Mpg. And the best 95p per litre of Diesel.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2688 on: 03 August 2015, 18:38 »
Swapped out the R for a courtesy Up! today, I saw the Fabia waiting there, but on warranty work notes I saw the typed words "please not the Fabia!". Can't believe how much quieter the Up! is than the Fabia, despite having the same 60ps 1.0 engine. It's a pity it stunk of burning clutch in the Tyne Tunnel with only 2500 miles on the clock!  :shocked:

Hopefully they'll replace something tomorrow or the day after as recalibrating what was already there clearly hasn't worked. I did ask how far out the recalibration showed the ACC to be from the factory's setting - still waiting on an answer for that one.

My salesman gave the service department some stick for seeing me again so soon.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2689 on: 03 August 2015, 21:33 »
Was Mick actually in? Emailed and called him over a week ago and he hasn't bothered to ring back.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.