Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784991 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2530 on: 16 July 2015, 13:13 »
I have done nothing to my R apart from fixing a puncture and re-hanging the doors. Not washed it since new (nearly 5 months), not driven it (1 month as in my 2nd home in Greece). Coming back to London tonight. Back in Greece Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec. Back in London for X-mas and New Year. Then away March '16 onwards until June/July. Wonder why I have a car at all.

Get rid of it!

Or, take it to Greece and use it there!
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2531 on: 16 July 2015, 13:37 »
I have done nothing to my R apart from fixing a puncture and re-hanging the doors. Not washed it since new (nearly 5 months), not driven it (1 month as in my 2nd home in Greece). Coming back to London tonight. Back in Greece Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec. Back in London for X-mas and New Year. Then away March '16 onwards until June/July. Wonder why I have a car at all.

Get rid of it!

Or, take it to Greece and use it there!

Or, you could lend it to me for the next few weeks and help a damsel in distress.  :grin:

I have no comment on your R predicaments (lack of use, tyres or otherwise), as I'm too busy lavishing my entire quota of pity on myself over the seemingly endless wait for my own R.  So, unless you have soothing words of comfort, virtual warm hugs and kisses, you can bugger off  :tongue: :kiss:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2532 on: 16 July 2015, 13:40 »
booked for the sport cup 2s to be fitted tomorrow, they will bedded in on Saturday before playtime

Rs been doing some rapid response runs this week and having a couple of days off at the moment

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2533 on: 16 July 2015, 14:40 »

Get rid of it!

He'd have nothing to moan about if the car was gone  :laugh:

(Sorry Asker  :kiss: :whistle: )

booked for the sport cup 2s to be fitted tomorrow, they will bedded in on Saturday before playtime

Rs been doing some rapid response runs this week and having a couple of days off at the moment

Have you fitted the REVO wheels yet?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #2534 on: 16 July 2015, 15:06 »
Polished up the chrome on my exhaust tips as they were filthy! They look amazing now. I used a very fine grade of wire wool with no water or detergent. As you can see they look almost like new. Put some sealant on too. So hopefully they'll be easier to clean next time.

Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2535 on: 16 July 2015, 15:12 »

Not had a chance to pick these up due to illness in the family, my Isle of Man trip this week has also been deferred

I'll get them eventually, it will be sporting black pro race 2s for a few weeks

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2536 on: 16 July 2015, 15:55 »
I hope all turns out ok in regards to the illness.

It looks like there's still plenty of things with the car to keep you amused and occupied too and plenty to look forward to.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2537 on: 16 July 2015, 17:16 »

Not had a chance to pick these up due to illness in the family, my Isle of Man trip this week has also been deferred

I'll get them eventually, it will be sporting black pro race 2s for a few weeks

Wigit, sorry to hear there is illness in the family.  As Mr Ex has said, hope it works out alright.  Hopefully you'll get to take the Isle of Man trip another time.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline evo GT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2538 on: 16 July 2015, 19:16 »
Finally had the two side blades replaced on my rear spoiler under warranty  Seems my chassis number wasn't included in the recall.  Noticed the left blade had detached and the right was following suit, took two weeks to order the new parts from Germany.  Definitely seem more rigidly attached than originals.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2539 on: 16 July 2015, 21:49 »
Finally had the two side blades replaced on my rear spoiler under warranty  Seems my chassis number wasn't included in the recall.  Noticed the left blade had detached and the right was following suit, took two weeks to order the new parts from Germany.  Definitely seem more rigidly attached than originals.

Should be getting mine done tomorrow when they sort the ACC out (recalibration).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.