Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784992 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2460 on: 30 June 2015, 10:35 »
I love the Isle of Man. If circumstances would allow, I'd move there like a shot.

I have never been before and really looking forward to it, fortunately my wife lets me have my little trips which do not really interest here

Last year it was Champagne tasting, Stuttgart and Basel to visit Vitra in the R

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2461 on: 30 June 2015, 11:56 »
Booked a romantic long weekend in the Isle of Man for me and the R to spend some quality time together  :grin:

I'm jealous!

I'd love to go away for a romantic weekend with my car but unfortunately the partner and kid are always in tow - what is it they say, four's a crowd   :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Chief1337

• Here all the time
« Reply #2462 on: 30 June 2015, 11:59 »
Booked a romantic long weekend in the Isle of Man for me and the R to spend some quality time together  :grin:

I'm jealous!

I'd love to go away for a romantic weekend with my car but unfortunately the partner and kid are always in tow - what is it they say, four's a crowd   :laugh:

Drop them off at the hotel and 'go for a drive' to pick-up some milk? ;-)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2463 on: 30 June 2015, 12:14 »

I'm jealous!

Drop them off at the hotel and 'go for a drive' to pick-up some milk? ;-)

:grin:  They've sussed that one, I'm afraid.  I'm always "popping out for milk"  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2464 on: 30 June 2015, 12:49 »
I'm jealous!

Unfortunately my wife has a high dependancy kitty to look after (they came as a package) who is 18, arthritic, diabetic, has kidney disease and now deaf so we cannot leave him given his meds, we love him to bits and he does have a great quality of life. I get to do my bucket list items in the mean time

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2465 on: 30 June 2015, 14:53 »
Unfortunately my wife has a high dependancy kitty to look after (they came as a package) who is 18, arthritic, diabetic, has kidney disease and now deaf so we cannot leave him given his meds, we love him to bits and he does have a great quality of life. I get to do my bucket list items in the mean time

I have great sympathy with your's and Mrs W's kitty caring responsibilities.  A couple of my cats have medical needs - a disabled (partially paralysed after a stroke), elderly, blind, semi deaf, female with kidney disease, and a male with blocked bladder issues resulting in an operation which has robbed him of his pen!s!!  As if neutering wasn't bad enough, poor boy puss.  We have to get my parents to move down from Yorkshire to look after them when we go on hols.  So ad hoc trips away are a no-no for now. 

I'm sure you and your R will have a lovely time, lol.  I'll have to make the most of my 'nipping out to get milk' runs  :evil:  :wink:

« Last Edit: 30 June 2015, 15:02 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2466 on: 30 June 2015, 16:37 »
which has robbed him of his pen!s!!
That's a bit like being married!

My old cat (RIP) ended up diabetic. But he still had good quality of life for a few years so we soldiered on paying enough money for the vet to buy an Aston Martin or something on the proceeds I'd imagine.

And now we have no cat but about three local cats just wander in our house whenever they feel like it. Cats must be able to smell people that are a bit of a soft touch.
One even brings us rabbits, mice and birds. Bless him.  :rolleyes:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2467 on: 30 June 2015, 16:59 »
Cats must be able to smell people that are a bit of a soft touch.
One even brings us rabbits, mice and birds. Bless him.  :rolleyes:

I think they can tell a soft touch for sure.   Our house is a magnet for dysfunctional felines.  Diabetic, hyperthyroidism, cancer, paralysis....we've had them all turn up and casually move in!   Our pet insurance premiums are through the roof!  Our local vet built brand new palatial premises last year and I swear we paid for most of it.

And as for their little 'presents', in summer we can barely get out the door for all the rotting corpses.  There's been some very unpleasant discoveries  :sick:   Pets!!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2468 on: 30 June 2015, 20:59 »
And as for their little 'presents', in summer we can barely get out the door for all the rotting corpses.  There's been some very unpleasant discoveries  :sick:   Pets!!

There was a terrible smell in our kitchen for a couple of weeks that got worse and worse by the day. I was routing through the cupboards and figured out that the small was coming from underneath. I took the plinth off to have a look and found a decomposing young rabbit, half eating by maggots.

One of the cats had brought it it and it must have got away and squeezed through a tiny hole under the units to get away, but then couldn't get back out. Po0r bunrab  :sad:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2469 on: 30 June 2015, 21:40 »
There was a terrible smell in our kitchen for a couple of weeks that got worse and worse by the day. I was routing through the cupboards and figured out that the small was coming from underneath. I took the plinth off to have a look and found a decomposing young rabbit, half eating by maggots.

One of the cats had brought it it and it must have got away and squeezed through a tiny hole under the units to get away, but then couldn't get back out. Po0r bunrab  :sad:

Our cats have become so lazy.  They bring live stuff in, plonk it on the floor and bugger off for an 18 hour nap :rolleyes:   Our house is so full of damned mice, we can hear them scurrying about the wall cavities of an evening. 

We've just had to have our tumble dryer rebuilt after a very large mouse took up residence inside it and eventually ate it's way through the belt.  It had gained access to the supply of wild bird food in the utility room and had hoarded 4 dyson cylinders full of nuts inside the dryer.  The repair man found it dead inside, looked like it had gorged itself and got so fat it could no longer squeeze out of the machine.  I knew it was in there but had to feign complete surprise when the guy took the machine apart.  He said he'd never seen anything like it.  Amazingly they fixed it under warranty.

Anyway, my phantom Mk7 R is unsurprisingly still sat at stage 2  :whistle:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual