Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785024 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2450 on: 26 June 2015, 13:09 »
Gave the engine bay a quick spruce up, still looking good for a 35,000 mile car!

Before:

After:

Still areas I could of cleaned a bit better, but it'll do. Not like anyone is going to see it!  :laugh:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2451 on: 27 June 2015, 22:44 »
Well, i finally got around to fitting the rear door warning lights on my GTD. Very straightforward as it turned out.

Postive wire goes to terminal 2 of the electric window motor cable block in the front centre of the door panel. The negative goes to terminal 5 of the door lock module connector at the rear top edge of the door. Note that for the drivers side, cable no 5 is second from the top as you look at it, however on the passenger side, its in exactly the same position (i.e. second from top) but the connector number run top to bottom (rather than bottom to top on the drivers side), so its actually marked terminal #2 on the passenger side not #5 (if that makes sense).

Who thing took about 1 hour for both doors. Wiring details below (drivers side) and images after the installation as well as a little video. Hope you like.

Movie
https://flic.kr/p/vgpC7y
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #2452 on: 28 June 2015, 16:20 »
Gave the engine bay a quick spruce up, still looking good for a 35,000 mile car!

Before:

After:

Still areas I could of cleaned a bit better, but it'll do. Not like anyone is going to see it!  :laugh:

Looks great, my ocd got the better of me under the bonnet too!

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2453 on: 28 June 2015, 18:59 »
Well, i finally got around to fitting the rear door warning lights on my GTD. Very straightforward as it turned out.

Who thing took about 1 hour for both doors. Wiring details below (drivers side) and images after the installation as well as a little video. Hope you like.

Well done and looks great  :smiley:  Would you like to come and do mine for me now please  :wink:

Would be real helpful if you have an idiots guide for doing this???  :whistle:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline Damo66

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2454 on: 28 June 2015, 19:24 »
Reversed it out of the garage, it has been in there for 3 weeks, I had cleaned it before putting it away whilst on holidays, it will be interesting to see what I think when driving it to work tomorrow,  I had a Clio hire car whist away, so I am hoping it will feel slightly better, my motorbike felt awful quick when out today. 😎
Beetle (1975)
MK2 Golf GTI 16V
MK3 Golf GTI
Corrado G60
MK3 VR6
Passat Sport PDI
MK4 Golf GTI PDI 150
MK5 GTDI 140
MK5 Golf GTI
MK6 Golf R
MK6 Golf GTD
MK6 Golf GTI Ed 35
Beetle Sport TDI
MK7 Golf GTD

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2455 on: 29 June 2015, 12:38 »
Enjoyed taking it down the A272 and back to Goodwood and having some fun in it, had a wry smile at the number of standard Rs at Goodwood in my car park

Followed a very nice look carbon GTD on a private plate on the A272 back up to Winchester on Saturday and hoped he apprciated my flash of the lights to say it was safe to overtake the caravan which he couldn't see as he was a tad to close it

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2456 on: 29 June 2015, 18:20 »
First time I have filled with the same brand of petrol twice in a row and not experienced the 20 mile learning process of the car as it adjusts to fuel of a slightly different flavour  - Tesco Momentum 99 is what i'll be sticking with while I work in the vicinity of a Tesco filling station.

Gave the car a little workout towards the end of the journey to work, embarrassing a Cayman when we both put our foot down at the lights - who needs DSG? This thing is seriously quick when wringing its neck.

Up to 1185 miles now - likely to be just shy of 1400 miles at the weekend - do the run-in oil change then or give it another week?

On the long sweeping bend coming out of the Tyne tunnel, the ACC sensor informs me it is blind again (temporarily) - this is the 4th time it has happened, 3 times it has happened on a long sweeping bend - coincidence?

Bit happier behind the wheel today - the first Monday I haven't dreaded the new job as I managed to switch off over the weekend. Impressed that I managed to do 80mph almost the whole way home, with the aircon on and still managed 33mpg.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
« Reply #2457 on: 29 June 2015, 20:26 »
Managed to get 46.9 mpg on the 5 mile commute home tonight only 15c outside. Looks like the mpg is improving a lot after 940 miles. My 5 year old 318d could only manage 39.9 on the same journey.
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2458 on: 30 June 2015, 09:46 »
Booked a romantic long weekend in the Isle of Man for me and the R to spend some quality time together  :grin:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2459 on: 30 June 2015, 10:30 »
I love the Isle of Man. If circumstances would allow, I'd move there like a shot.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.