Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785058 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2270 on: 31 May 2015, 13:36 »
A set of wheel woolies makes cleaning santiagos a breeze.
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/wheel-woolies-wheel-brush-kit/prod_1037.html

Do they fit in the little gaps though?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2271 on: 31 May 2015, 13:43 »
@ MH: Impressive stats for the standard (tight) R against the modified TDI. I'd have thought they'd have been a lot closer from a rolling start so that's pretty good.

@Gazmundo: Wow! Shiny! Good effort.

@Laffo: Those wheels look a nightmare to clean so the wheel woolies (autocorrect wants me to say willies) must be a good investment!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2272 on: 31 May 2015, 13:56 »
A set of wheel woolies makes cleaning santiagos a breeze.
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/wheel-woolies-wheel-brush-kit/prod_1037.html

Do they fit in the little gaps though?

How small are the smallest gaps on the Santiagos?   The smallest wheel woolie fits in the honeycomb grill gaps on a mk6 which are smaller than the mk7 honeycombs.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2273 on: 31 May 2015, 16:43 »
As per Asker's recommendations, I went out and checked the tyre pressures: 38.5psi all round, should be 36psi all round according to the sticker, so I went 35psi all round (and remembered to reset the tyre monitoring system after making my adjustments. Noticed there is a lot more room under the boot floor in the upper position which is forced upon all R owners (I always ran with this position on the GTD anyway, just for the aesthetics of having a completely flat floor), and it is just the right depth around the wheel to accommodate my tyre compressor/light. Handy. The towing eye/wheel changing tools are a little handier too raher than being crammed into the wheel itself.

Filled in the presets on the radio (No room for Christian talk, oh well... :evil:), lots more DAB channels than i'm used to - new and better antenna on more recent MK7s?

I knew this yesterday, due to going around the car with a fine-toothed comb to do the the extensive sealing, but one of my black sides to the rear spoiler has a shockingly large gap (2mm) at the top, between it and the main part of the spoiler, the other side has a much smaller gap but isn't properly straight. On the GTD mine were perfectly placed.

Went through the menus and made a few adjustments (most importantly, park pilot: off), but while I was in there, I noticed on the service bit that it states the inspection service is due just under 2 years and the oil change service is due in a year - does this mean I am on longlife rather than annual/10k miles right now? If so then i'll have to get that sorted out as I am subscribed to the £15.99pm (x 36 payments) for four years/40k miles servicing and it is incompatible with longlife as far as i'm aware.

If they need to have the car back to adjust that, i'll have them order in a pair of black spoiler side pieces and fit them (straight) at the same time.

Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2274 on: 31 May 2015, 17:06 »
Here's a few pics of Gus!!! I didn't really upload many when I collected him. I bloody love him!!!! haha

Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2275 on: 31 May 2015, 17:11 »
Benmartingolf: Looking very clean, mine is scruffy already with only 50 miles driven since cleaning. The Lapiz is nearly as much of a sh!te magnet as DBP. If it rains though, it should slide straight off as the G-Techniq has made the bodywork feel like it is teflon coated.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2276 on: 31 May 2015, 17:17 »
So what is the green collared MDI lead for? Is that the newest incarnation of Apple connectivity?

When I flipped open the lower central cubby to connect my USB/MDI lead (retained from my Scirocco) and USB stick full of MP3s, I found the standard blue collared old school Apple/MDI lead plugged in, but the green collared lead in it's bag also stuffed in there.

I thought that i'd read somewhere that people were being told that they had to buy the green lead if they needed it.

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2277 on: 31 May 2015, 17:19 »
So what is the green collared MDI lead for? Is that the newest incarnation of Apple connectivity?

When I flipped open the lower central cubby to connect my USB/MDI lead (retained from my Scirocco) and USB stick full of MP3s, I found the standard blue collared old school Apple/MDI lead plugged in, but the green collared lead in it's bag also stuffed in there.

I thought that i'd read somewhere that people were being told that they had to buy the green lead if they needed it.

I didn't have that! I just had a USB slot and no need for the different coloured cables!!!! Not sure if anyone else has this?
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2278 on: 31 May 2015, 17:20 »
Looks gorgeous Ben  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2279 on: 31 May 2015, 17:32 »

What's the green lead, got a pic of it?  I'll mainly be connecting an iPod (lightning connector).  Currently use the blue collar Apple MDI one in current car, with a 30pin to lightning adapter.

Also I'm sure I read recently that with the MY2016 changes there was to be a USB interface, or is that something different?
« Last Edit: 31 May 2015, 17:35 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual