Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785053 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2230 on: 25 May 2015, 16:56 »
Wish you were closer MH, I have one Negaro alloy that I just clipped several months ago, and whilst the damage is confined to 2 very small areas both only about 5-7mm long (which I straight away covered with clear lacquer) right on the very edge of the rim, I know it's there - even if others don't  :angry:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2231 on: 25 May 2015, 17:25 »
Chris: yes, the cap has faded, it's more of a blued gunmetal colour now (like the colour of an airgun barrel), the main arm length is still pretty black.

Sootchucker: But you would've had to live with a Bridgestone that has about 2.4mm left on it.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2232 on: 25 May 2015, 19:36 »
Seems like these caps and arms are no different from other crappy VW ones.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2233 on: 25 May 2015, 20:33 »

Are they worse on the mk7 then?  My mk6 rear wiper cap and arm is still looking pretty black.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2234 on: 25 May 2015, 20:44 »

Are they worse on the mk7 then?  My mk6 rear wiper cap and arm is still looking pretty black.

I will be applying a few coats of C2V3 to my wipers when the R comes, didn't think I had the need to last time - should stave off fading if it is caused by UV exposure.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2235 on: 25 May 2015, 21:13 »
Mine are fine on the Mk7 but were faded on the Mk6. The only difference between them is I used to use dressing on them in the Mk6 but have just left them alone in the Mk7.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2236 on: 25 May 2015, 21:29 »
Mine usually get a lick of wax along with the rear windscreen, but no other dressing.  Seems to have kept the fade at bay.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2237 on: 25 May 2015, 21:56 »
Did a final adjustment by myself to my front driver's door.

Re-hung the door by adjusting the latch and moving the door outward by a hair's breath. Also, adjusted the shiny black trim on it which was badly fitted. All is now as good as it can ever be with near perfectly hung doors and the shiny black trims that line up perfectly at the top.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #2238 on: 25 May 2015, 22:28 »
The exhaust flap mod on the R. Now have all four exhausts open at all times!
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2239 on: 25 May 2015, 22:49 »
Did a final adjustment by myself to my front driver's door.

Re-hung the door by adjusting the latch and moving the door outward by a hair's breath. Also, adjusted the shiny black trim on it which was badly fitted. All is now as good as it can ever be with near perfectly hung doors and the shiny black trims that line up perfectly at the top.

And what did you do to deserve the 'wonky door' curse, may I ask?  The very curse that has now (un)kindly been placed upon me by your good self  :tongue:

Anyway, sounds like your doors are as good as ithry're going to be.  Didn't you trust VW to do a good job  :wink:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual