Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785075 times)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2090 on: 14 April 2015, 17:33 »
I think champion ones are better, why wouldnt you trust a manufacturer who makes brake discs too! (sorry just stirring now :evil:)
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2091 on: 14 April 2015, 17:37 »
Just to add my two pence worth !!
I have had Bridgestones on both my Mk7 Golf GTI & R and apart from road noise (probably more so on the R with painted on 19" tyres) not had any tramping under acceleration to speak of and not felt that they were about to let go any second either. Unless you drive everywhere like you stole it or treat it like a hire car I can't see how quite a few on here are convinced they are about to get on first name terms with St Peter !!
Also from my own experience the wipers on both have been absolutely fine and smear and judder free and I have not felt the need to change them unlike the untold misery of the wipers on the Scirocco's I had  :angry:
All is well in the rose garden  :wink:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2092 on: 14 April 2015, 17:54 »
I'm very happy for those of you who have no issues with your oem wipers, or have managed to resolve issues with a good clean.

I will be putting Aerotwins on my car, crazy or not.  If they start juddering, you'll all be the first to know.  :wink:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2093 on: 14 April 2015, 18:06 »
I'm very happy for those of you who have no issues with your oem wipers, or have managed to resolve issues with a good clean.

I will be putting Aerotwins on my car, crazy or not.  If they start juddering, you'll all be the first to know.  :wink:

They will be my replacement wiper when the time comes due to the favourable reviews not just from this forum  :smiley:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2094 on: 14 April 2015, 18:09 »
Whip the OEM ones off on day one, put them in the Bosch Aerotwin box, refit when you sell the car on.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2095 on: 14 April 2015, 18:10 »
Just to add my 2penith but the Bosch aerotwins I have on mine are utter garbage and have been from day 1. The original wipers were rubbish for about a month and then eventually bedded in and were great. The replacement Bosch ones have never bedded in no matter how much cleaning they have had or the windscreen.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2096 on: 14 April 2015, 18:57 »
Just to add my 2penith but the Bosch aerotwins I have on mine are utter garbage and have been from day 1. The original wipers were rubbish for about a month and then eventually bedded in and were great. The replacement Bosch ones have never bedded in no matter how much cleaning they have had or the windscreen.

Well when you eventually need to replace your oem ones, I'll have a new set of Valeo's up for the asking in about 4 months time  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2097 on: 14 April 2015, 20:05 »
No tramping or juddering from my rubbers. Early days.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2098 on: 14 April 2015, 20:47 »

Nice to know you are happy with some things on your R  :kiss:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2099 on: 14 April 2015, 21:02 »
Nice to know you are happy with some things on your R  :kiss:

I am full of delightful surprises. :kiss:

There are only 2 items that need attention:
(1) Re-alignment of the front passenger door.
(2) Disconnecting the Soundaktor.

I am seeing the Warranty Manager this Thursday. Time at my convenience. I've known him for 6 years. He'll call out Master Tech.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP