Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784997 times)

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2000 on: 09 April 2015, 17:32 »
Krytox is very good I have about 20 bottles  :grin:,  if you can't get it then gummi pfledge is quite good.

I don't like Gummi Pfledge at all.  It seems ok, that is until it rains and runs all down the paintwork, and is a bugger to get off.

In fact I've got 2 full bottles (bought it on a multibuy once) which I will gladly give away to a good home if anyone wants them.

Are you still using the original can?  Blimey that's been good value :wink:

Stop being so nosey! But I'll tell 'cause I like you! :kiss:
I bought a new jumbo spray can last year! :laugh:

That'll last you another 50 years if you are lucky or it will just outlast you  :kiss:  I jest of course  :smiley:

I will happily take the gummi off you :laugh:

I would also be careful with WD40, i once put some on my plastic/ rubber boot bump stops on my lats R and it attacked the plastic part and the fell to bits !!!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2001 on: 09 April 2015, 17:53 »
I will happily take the gummi off you :laugh:

182_blue - If you do want it, PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline scotland67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2002 on: 09 April 2015, 20:12 »
Today I removed the wheels so that I could give them a good clean
Firstly the nuts were really tight, but thankfully I have a torque wrench.
Secondly these wheels are really heavy to lift off.
I should mention I'm 72 although fairly fit for my advancing years.
Also I found accessing the jack( I do not have a trolley jack) and the separate handle tricky.
Anyway after thoroughly cleaning the wheels I used Auto Finesse mint Rims Wheel Wax and lastly treated the tyres with Meguiars Tyre Gel.
It took me about 4 hours but I am pleased with the result

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2003 on: 10 April 2015, 21:55 »
enjoyed a bit of sport with a 7GTI tonight, night blue 3 door with wind deflectors, it was a bit one sided

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2004 on: 10 April 2015, 21:59 »
Re-fitted a door seal on the driver's side which was badly fitted. VW quality control is pretty poor IMO.

Checked panel gaps, fit and finish and adjusted the Dynaudio.
« Last Edit: 10 April 2015, 22:01 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2005 on: 10 April 2015, 22:11 »
Asker what was up with your seal and are they easy to re fit?

My drivers door sometimes lets some wind in. A very small amount but annoying quite the same. I just presumed it would need new seals? I take it they can be incorrectly fitted?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2006 on: 10 April 2015, 22:20 »
Asker what was up with your seal and are they easy to re fit?

My drivers door sometimes lets some wind in. A very small amount but annoying quite the same. I just presumed it would need new seals? I take it they can be incorrectly fitted?

It was the seal along the rear panel which is alongside the trailing edge of the front door. The bottom bit was sticking out when the door was shut and I had to remove the bottom bit and re-fit it into a plastic holder which is right at the bottom. I think the holder is damaged and needs replacing. Difficult to explain.

I don't think this would cause a major wind issue. I think the way the front doors are hung is the main problem.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2007 on: 10 April 2015, 22:24 »
Ah right cheers.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2008 on: 10 April 2015, 22:50 »
Re-fitted a door seal on the driver's side which was badly fitted. VW quality control is pretty poor IMO.

They knew it was a lease when they built it!  :whistle: :grin:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2009 on: 10 April 2015, 22:52 »

I'm sure that could never happen on a mass produced Audi, built to the same procedures with nigh-on the same parts bin, no way at all.  :whistle:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.