Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1880 on: 23 March 2015, 15:00 »
How come BMW can do it? The answer is simple, better process with more on hand components.

Its a riskier business strategy (involves more money in stock levels) but keeps your customers happier.

Until people start walking away, this is just more money in VAG's pockets.

VAG are the world's third largest car manufacturer (but only by a tiny trail) and within the EU they are the largest, more than double the next nearest competitor.

This is good news for them and bad news for their customers.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1881 on: 23 March 2015, 17:43 »
I suppose another facet of the BMW supply is not fannying around with "allocation" on certain models. They seem to stick everyone in the same queue and build yours when it truly is your turn rather than saying GTI/GTD/R have to get into a different line that moves along 3 times slower than the rest cars they make.

I wonder how long it will take VW to get back to me rather than my dad, after all -  on the enquiry email response form I had to give my email address and mobile number, how the hell did they drag my dad's number into it?

My GTD is being the best it's ever been the last few days - easily breaking into 50mpg, the Bridgestones haven't been tramping (now they only have 2.5mm on and it's dry) and the car is going like a rocket. Really makes me tempted to tell them to stick the R.

Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1882 on: 23 March 2015, 19:29 »
MH - sorry to hear this, you must be going up the wall. I am curious about what was said to you when you changed the wheel spec. Was there any indication of a possible delay mentioned? How do you know the original order was built and delivered?

I changed the colour on my GTD order - the tracker acknowledged it and about a week later when it went to BW confirmed so it did not have any effect on the build schedule AFAIA. They should have told you exactly what the ramifications of the change were and you could have declined it and kept your 900 quid!

If this is the case you dealer has behaved very badly - eight months is clearly two orders worth of time, not one....

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1883 on: 23 March 2015, 19:41 »
They must have put a new order in,I ordered my R on the 1st nov & it's ready for pick up this thrusday.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1884 on: 23 March 2015, 20:20 »
MH - sorry to hear this, you must be going up the wall. I am curious about what was said to you when you changed the wheel spec. Was there any indication of a possible delay mentioned? How do you know the original order was built and delivered?

I changed the colour on my GTD order - the tracker acknowledged it and about a week later when it went to BW confirmed so it did not have any effect on the build schedule AFAIA. They should have told you exactly what the ramifications of the change were and you could have declined it and kept your 900 quid!

If this is the case you dealer has behaved very badly - eight months is clearly two orders worth of time, not one....

I was told at the time that the wheel change was easily done, that it might screw up the price protection (price locked prior to Nov price rise), but there were ways around smoothing the paperwork with VW UK and I would have no extra to pay over and above the Prets add-on price.

One of my old Uni mates that was at Benfield Scotswood road moved to Pulman Sunderland about a year ago (he's never managed to get me a decent discount), and we talk through Linked-in. I moaned about my delay and how VW UK told me my order was "new" on Dec 4th last time I rang them 4 or 5 weeks ago.

He told me an unallocated BW6 Lapiz manual with Cadiz had hit the Sunderland branch and sold in a day, so I put 2 and 2 together. Haven't got 100% proof it was mine, but how many unallocated Lapiz Manual Rs at the same dealership group (of only 2 branches) could there be?

A change in colour is easily seen on the tracker, unfortunately adding Prets isn't so transparent.

Hoping that VW UK will tell me for sure that either the dealership pulled a shady reorder to cause the delay, or VW central have really taken the piss (Prets shortage?).

Really dulls the enthusiasm for the new car with not just a long wait, but a ridiculous wait. The fixed p/x price is the only reason i'm prepared to hang on, as i'd probably get £16k right now against an S3 or BMW 335D X-drive at broker rates of discount.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1885 on: 25 March 2015, 08:05 »
More like “what I did yesterday” – more fun and games with VWUK…..

I phoned them up yesterday to get an update (having previously been told that scheduling shuffles happen on a Monday, so check progress on a Tues or later) – so expecting to find out whether my now “BW17” will go confirmed on Friday, and to get their response to my complaint email seeing as they contacted my Dad instead of me (how did they do that? You give your email address and mobile number on the “contact us” email form – it would have been far more work to dig up my Dad’s mobile number from his 2013 GTD order).

Story yesterday was that BW17 has slipped to BW21! I was transferred to the lass (Amy) handling the complaint case and she was very apologetic about chasing up my Dad rather than me. The confusion was compounded by my Dad assuming that I was getting my R from Pulman Sunderland rather than Pulman Durham as he didn’t know our preferred salesman had transferred to the Durham branch, so they were chasing the Sunderland branch.

She was unapologetic about the delay however. She is adamant that I had my order accepted by the factory on Dec 2nd (funny, it was Dec 4th last time I was having this conversation with a VW UK rep) and so BW21 (a 24 week wait is just about acceptable). I told her (again) that my order was accepted at the factory on Sept 24th (BW39), she said it wasn’t. I said that the only way my order could be from BW49 (Dec 2nd) is if the tracking number could have been decoupled from one order and reassociated with a later order placed in Dec. She categorically said that it’s impossible to do that. So I said that I had an email from my salesman on Sept 24 with a screen dump picture of his ordering system, with my tracking number on it, Durham branch details, the model (R 5dr manual), the car colour and interior colour, and order acceptance date of “24/09/2014” with acceptance status “V”. She went a bit quiet then. She didn’t ask for the email but I offered to send it, and then did (to a group email address she’ll pick up later). Asked about my tyres, as they’re barely legal, another 3 months wait is pushing it – I really don’t want to spend £400-500 on 4 new tyres and then hand the car over 2 weeks later when the R finally comes. She was taking no responsibility for delays or incurred costs, anything like that would be at dealers discretion (why would they stump up that when my p/x is already depreciating at the rate of £250 a month and they’re getting it 3 months later than planned, at an agreed fixed price?).

Seems at every turn VW UK shirk all responsibility and make the dealerships eat into their own margins for goodwill gestures, they will do next to nothing for you if it’s going to cost them. It’s a pity that when you get your new car and get the customer satisfaction survey, you only get to pass comment upon how good or bad the dealership was, and not how sh!te VW UK or VW AG have been throughout.

Amy said she could ask for a “push” on my order to try and get it priority built, no guarantees that it will do anything.

Anyway, my salesman rang me up later to say VW UK had been on the phone about my complaint and he was very apologetic – he wants me to get my car so he can get paid and get his hands on my p/x. He mentioned the priority “push” but said that’ll probably come to nothing as there’ll be likely 50 other people across the country in my situation all wanting a priority. He offered me a cancelled order (someone else got tired of waiting) that is coming through next week, but said although it is Lapiz on Prets, it is 3 door (I could probably live with that), DSG (I couldn’t live with that), and it has Pro-Nav/DCC/Rear camera (I wouldn’t want to be paying for those). On the tyres front, there’s no chance the dealership could or would pay for new tyres due to the wait (it’s VW’s fault, not the dealership’s – I can understand that).

Awaiting Amy calling me back today – hopefully with a convincing story about the BW39/BW49 order accepted situation and how it happened after she’s seen my screen dump email.

On the assumption it doesn’t shift back further and it gets delivered in 3 weeks from build, I will have waited 37 weeks. Better get the MK8 orders in now…..

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1886 on: 25 March 2015, 09:58 »
If they'd have jerked me around that much even on a company car, let alone my own one, I'd be telling them where to shove it and be straight out looking at any non-VAG dealer I could find for something else.

Its not a minor whinge, its a major one and whats even worse is that both parties are just pointing the finger at the other and not seeking to break the deadlock.

BMW time?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1887 on: 25 March 2015, 11:12 »
MH  - many thanks for taking the time to tell this depressing story... I do hope a good resolution comes out of this for you - and fast!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1888 on: 25 March 2015, 12:26 »
MH  - many thanks for taking the time to tell this depressing story... I do hope a good resolution comes out of this for you - and fast!

I just wanted to cheer everyone else up - there's always someone else worse off than yourself (finding that hard to believe right now.  :grin:).

Resolution-wise I think the best I can hope for is that VW UK strongarm the dealership into applying Autoglym for nowt, rather than dipping into their own pockets and giving me a set of services or something. Seems in these situations VW UK just bully the dealership into giving something to the customer out of their own margin. I'm sure the dealership are every bit as keen to get my money banked and get my p/x sold as I am keen to be getting the R.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1889 on: 25 March 2015, 12:30 »

I just wanted to cheer everyone else up - there's always someone else worse off than yourself (finding that hard to believe right now.  :grin:).

Resolution-wise I think the best I can hope for is that VW UK strongarm the dealership into applying Autoglym for nowt, rather than dipping into their own pockets and giving me a set of services or something. Seems in these situations VW UK just bully the dealership into giving something to the customer out of their own margin. I'm sure the dealership are every bit as keen to get my money banked and get my p/x sold as I am keen to be getting the R.

Hey you could always tell them to shove it and preorder a new type R, I have a certain soft spot for its lewdness but need a guinea pig to tell me how bearable it is :grin:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG