Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785071 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1860 on: 21 March 2015, 14:16 »
Had a new front screen fitted today by Autoglass, the screen was fitted while I was at work ,so never got the chance to inspect the work until I got home,but while having good look over it there seems to be a bit  of seal missing at the bottom on both sides,but without looking at a other car I can't be sure if that is the way it should be,also if it rains will the water get inside the cabin or drain under the bonnet.

I was cleaning mine today so took a photo of it for you. Its pretty much the same as yours but only a tidier fit.
If you lift the bonnet you'll see the hole runs into the soakway so no need to worry.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1861 on: 21 March 2015, 16:35 »
The oem screen definitely has better fit & finish, it's something I'll have to live with.As long as it doesn't  leak that was my main concern.

I'm getting a new windscreen fitted this Friday by Autoglass. Just hoping they do a decent job. Will be taking plenty of pics of the current one just to make I'm happy with the fit of the replacement

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #1862 on: 21 March 2015, 16:38 »
I had 2 windscreens replaced in my MK6 by Autoglass. I'm a fussy fecker and I really could not tell the difference. 100% Perfect job both times. 
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1863 on: 21 March 2015, 18:03 »
I'm not to sure why mine has big gaps , maybe the replacement screens come up a wee bit smaller, but anyhow vw Lancaster rang me today to let me know my golf R will be ready for pick up on thrusday, happy days.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline Gazza

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1864 on: 21 March 2015, 22:24 »
Gave mine a layer of Gyeon can coat, treated the glass to a coat of G Techniq and proteced the bay with Aerospace 303.

Chuffed with the can coat - plenty of gloss!

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #1865 on: 21 March 2015, 22:32 »
It does look glossy - easy to apply?
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Gazza

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1866 on: 21 March 2015, 22:38 »
It does look glossy - easy to apply?

Yes mate - just like applying a QD. Spray on the microfibre, one panel at a time and buff off with the clean side of the MF.

Going to get another coat on it next week then use Wet Coat as a top up until the spring then it's wax time - just need to decide which one gets the nod!

Where in the shire are you - I'm in Dyce.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #1867 on: 21 March 2015, 22:52 »
Laurencekirk but work in Aberdeen
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1868 on: 23 March 2015, 07:53 »
One for fredgloves..........

Look it's bloody clean now - satisfied  :grin: :grin:

Also gave the wife's Blue a good clean as well

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1869 on: 23 March 2015, 08:26 »
One for fredgloves..........

Look it's bloody clean now - satisfied  :grin: :grin:

LOL!

Maybe you can pop round and do mine now. You might need to start with a broom before you get to the two bucket method.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC