Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785069 times)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1780 on: 26 February 2015, 22:59 »
How do they get it on the ramps etc to work on it as i doubt customers are allowed in the workshop?
Lol Ian - I'm talking about not allowing them to drive it on the road, not the dealer premises!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1781 on: 27 February 2015, 06:49 »
They have to drive it on the road for road testing purposes by I do agree they shouldn't be using a customers car for errands and sandwich runs etc. Within reason you have to allow for road testing.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline isleaiw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1782 on: 27 February 2015, 08:10 »
How do they get it on the ramps etc to work on it as i doubt customers are allowed in the workshop?
Lol Ian - I'm talking about not allowing them to drive it on the road, not the dealer premises!

My brother is a service manager, and he has mentioned people who dont want anyone driving their car when it comes in.... even on site!

I guess I am more relaxed about things because 90% of the time my car is in the garage it is with his team it only goes to the franchise dealer for main service and warranty work.

Ian

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1783 on: 28 February 2015, 12:17 »
Either fit a dashcam and review it when you get it back or fit one of the simple car trackers at £23
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tracker-Vehicle-Theft-Protection-System-Black/dp/B003XDN58K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425125465&sr=8-1&keywords=gps+car+tracker
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1784 on: 28 February 2015, 18:16 »
Received a email from the sales manager,he was very apologetic about the 9 mile test drive & said it should have only been driven for 1 mile , he also said as for the stone chip that it couldn't be proved it was done on the test drive, but as offered to pay half the cost from chip away.

Next time my car is in for a service or warranty work, I'll be checking the car with a fine tooth comb.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1785 on: 01 March 2015, 09:09 »
All VW dealers are supposed to walk round your car with you before you sign the paperwork. If they didn't do that then the stone chip happened with them. They haven't completed the paperwork properly before taking your car so remind them off this.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1786 on: 01 March 2015, 10:18 »
All VW dealers are supposed to walk round your car with you before you sign the paperwork. If they didn't do that then the stone chip happened with them. They haven't completed the paperwork properly before taking your car so remind them off this.

Really?
Is this a new thing as none of them have done it with me. Its actually the opposite as I usually insist they have to come out and inspect the car before I leave.

Audi are the opposite, they take pictures walking round the car which is very reassuring.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #1787 on: 01 March 2015, 11:12 »

Really?
Is this a new thing as none of them have done it with me. Its actually the opposite as I usually insist they have to come out and inspect the car before I leave.

Audi are the opposite, they take pictures walking round the car which is very reassuring.
Glasgow audi are hopeless even with pictures  :smiley:

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1788 on: 01 March 2015, 13:22 »

Really?

Glasgow audi are hopeless even with pictures  :smiley:

Couldn't agree more Barry. Biggest bunch of cowboys there is.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1789 on: 01 March 2015, 14:02 »
No all dealers are supposed to do this. It's on the paperwork you sign to say you've left your car with them.