Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785000 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1770 on: 25 February 2015, 22:27 »

Hopefully by complaining they might treat my next car with a bit of respect.

Exactly.  Sends out the message you're on the ball and not one to be fobbed off.   But there again, the cynic in me thinks they might not give a sh!t.  Hopefully they will.
« Last Edit: 25 February 2015, 22:29 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1771 on: 25 February 2015, 22:34 »
You must tell the dealership when dropping off the car that under no circumstances is it to be driven by them... if it needs a 'test drive they you will do it with the mechanic as pasenger.

Do you not think this is taking it a bit far   :rolleyes:
Yes, 10 miles is a bit excessive but they could drive it like a vicar for 100 metres and pick up a stone chip.
A bigger issue is not owning up to the stone chip "if" they knew they did it !
« Last Edit: 25 February 2015, 22:36 by JB GTI »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1772 on: 26 February 2015, 07:21 »
You can't tell a dealer doing mechanical work on your car not to test drive it or they won't sign the paperwork off to complete the job. It's a catch 22 situation so you either make a note of the miles and complain afterwards or don't use that garage.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1773 on: 26 February 2015, 11:37 »
When I had the dsg issue that needed a reset the dealer informed my their senior tech was going to have to drive it, in fairness he did in race mode, i was actually pleased they had given it a good go as no I will have driven the car harder, the chip is bang out of order though

I did a wind noise issue on the mk6 and in reality they asked me to drive it as didn't want to push it

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1774 on: 26 February 2015, 15:54 »
You can't tell a dealer doing mechanical work on your car not to test drive it or they won't sign the paperwork off to complete the job.
Come on - its your car and they have no right to drive it. if they really needed to drive it then just insist you are there. At worse if the mechanic has to physically drive it then you would be the passenger.

I just dont see how that handing a car over for repair or servicing means that they can drive it whenever they wish. With me NO WAY do they get to drive it unsupervised (or wash it!).

No not at all - its my car!
« Last Edit: 26 February 2015, 15:56 by Mark V GTD »

Offline isleaiw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1775 on: 26 February 2015, 17:02 »
You can't tell a dealer doing mechanical work on your car not to test drive it or they won't sign the paperwork off to complete the job.
Come on - its your car and they have no right to drive it. if they really needed to drive it then just insist you are there. At worse if the mechanic has to physically drive it then you would be the passenger.

I just dont see how that handing a car over for repair or servicing means that they can drive it whenever they wish. With me NO WAY do they get to drive it unsupervised (or wash it!).

No not at all - its my car!

How do they get it on the ramps etc to work on it as i doubt customers are allowed in the workshop?

If I take my car in I want it solved, and if that means they drive it to get to the root cause and ensure fixed rather than it take multiple attempts or more of my time then so be it.

But then to me its a car, bought to enjoy and use....

Ian

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1776 on: 26 February 2015, 17:13 »
There's driving it around the site and onto ramps etc, and then there's treating it as a lunchtime/personal errand runaround, to be driven like it's stolen.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1777 on: 26 February 2015, 17:28 »
Well I emailed them today but still no reply,here is the email.

I understand that the car would of needed to of been driven whilst with yourselves (there was an extra 9 miles on the clock from when I dropped it off) and obviously I have no proof of this but when I got home to Hitchin there was a nasty chip on the bonnet, which most definitely wasn't there before I dropped it off and seeing as you have to drive so slowly in Letchworth and Hitchin I would of heard whatever hit the car on my way home. The car was parked next to and behind other vehicles so even if I'd of thought to take a look around the car I wouldn't of been able to see the chip from the way the car was parked. This is a real shame not only that this could of happened whilst with yourselves but that no one told me.

Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #1778 on: 26 February 2015, 19:24 »
Just curious, but if you drive with the radio on at any time you may not hear a stone hitting something, probably less so than a stone hitting the wheel arch on a gravel road.

Also in you comment you said " I have no proof of this but when I got home to Hitchin there was a nasty chip on the bonnet, which most definitely wasn't there before I dropped it off and seeing as you have to drive so slowly in Letchworth and Hitchin I would of heard whatever hit the car on my way home." 

But didn't you say your wife drive it home, were you a passenger?  Or did you wife pick the car up from the dealer?

Shame about the stone chip though.

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #1779 on: 26 February 2015, 19:32 »
Recieved some Osram H7 cornering bulbs in the post today, hopefully get time to change them tomorrow :smiley:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)