Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785073 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1710 on: 11 February 2015, 17:46 »
fitted the gloss black mirror caps to the wife's and looking a lot more discreet

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1711 on: 11 February 2015, 18:39 »
You know i never thought about it but i think i had the RE's not eh S01's. Whats the difference?

On paper the RE050s (which VW fit to the 19" Pretorias) are worse than the S001s (fitted to the 18" wheels of the R/GTI/GTD). According to ratings the S001s are pretty good, but as it is those I have on my GTD and they're abysmal for tramping and wet traction/grip, I can only assume that the RE050s must be slipperier than a bucket of eels.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1712 on: 11 February 2015, 18:49 »
True will take me years to get rid of them all got 5.4mm to get rid of.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1713 on: 11 February 2015, 19:45 »
Did you back off brake and turn at the same time. This is why a lot of older heldex cars crash because of the way the system works.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1714 on: 11 February 2015, 20:08 »
Not exactly sure, it was so I fast putting my foot down to pull out onto the roundabout and the tail heading left then I steered to correct it followed by the tc snapping it back. Would love to see it again on camera.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1715 on: 13 February 2015, 16:48 »
Got a few videos showing the recent mechanical damage from the ice.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9f_AnIBUds&feature=youtu.be

(above edited to remove reg)
Underside is really stinking with the salt!

2 new wheels, trackrod and wishbone apparently required along with ACC calibration. Luckily no bodywork damage. Insurance job. All in around £2,500 to sort I'm led to believe (excl hire car, towing etc...).

Unfortunately no tyre damage so still left with the bridgestones on the rear (already replaced fronts with Michelins).
Dealer had 2 new 18" GTI wheels delivered rather than the standard GTD wheels so added another days wait but they've been great so not worried.
Works completed but waiting on feedback from assessor so probably not get to collect until Monday
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #1716 on: 13 February 2015, 20:26 »
Fitted and hard-wired a Blackvue DR600 dashcam - a little bit fiddly to get the cabling through to the fusebox, but worked out well in the end
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #1717 on: 13 February 2015, 20:37 »
Cleaned my rear number plate and lights.

Not much point in doing much else with all this salt on the roads...

Deep Grey Pearl.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1718 on: 14 February 2015, 11:09 »
Found a crease on the door while washing the car, some A hole must have must have done it yesterday while I was shopping,does anyone know a good body shop in the Hitchin area that might repair it.

[/URL]
« Last Edit: 14 February 2015, 11:12 by gazmondo35 »
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline karlak

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1719 on: 14 February 2015, 11:23 »
Found a crease on the door while washing the car, some A hole must have must have done it yesterday while I was shopping,does anyone know a good body shop in the Hitchin area that might repair it.

[/URL]

Sorry to see this, some people just don't care about others property.  See the following link which I posted on another forum.  There are a couple of suggestions for this area for repairers.  I ended up going to "Dass", his details are in the thread.  Superb job done and honestly, impossible to see where the damage was.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=347801&page=2

Ordered 06/01/14.  5DR GTD DSG, Red. Park Assist | Rear Camera | Keyless entry | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | Pro Nav.