Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785008 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1700 on: 10 February 2015, 19:19 »
Subjected it to the horrors of a partially completed housing estate to play to look at some poorly designed houses with a return match of dodge the raised iron work  :undecided:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1701 on: 10 February 2015, 19:24 »
Subjected it to the horrors of a partially completed housing estate to play to look at some poorly designed houses with a return match of dodge the raised iron work  :undecided:

That was brave.

Tommorow I'm visiting a yet to be developed site on which they want to cram 4500 houses, when it is really fit only to accommodate half that amount.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1702 on: 10 February 2015, 20:44 »

That was brave.

Tommorow I'm visiting a yet to be developed site on which they want to cram 4500 houses, when it is really fit only to accommodate half that amount.

I won't tar all with the same brush but its not very often I end up writing to the regional director of one of the biggies (I do know him) pointing a few things out and suggesting a visit

Also been data logging after the dsg was reset by the dealer and 500 miles later no fault codes, even after a few launch control starts

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1703 on: 10 February 2015, 21:01 »

That was brave.

I won't tar all with the same brush but its not very often I end up writing to the regional director of one of the biggies (I do know him) pointing a few things out and suggesting a visit

Also been data logging after the dsg was reset by the dealer and 500 miles later no fault codes, even after a few launch control starts

Must be bad  :sad:

Been looking at some 'on paper' prospective developments for Cambridge. They seem to have adopted a refreshingly different approach to large housing estate design with respect to the balance between housing density and open space provision.  Will be pretty impressive if they actually get built as per the designs, without getting watered down through permitted variation on planning conditions.

Sorry, back to car stuff...
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1704 on: 11 February 2015, 10:52 »
There is no 'permitted variation on planning conditions' and one of the conditions normally attached to planning consents for new developments is withdrawal of Permitted Development rights for the owners of the homes.....

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1705 on: 11 February 2015, 13:40 »
There is no 'permitted variation on planning conditions' and one of the conditions normally attached to planning consents for new developments is withdrawal of Permitted Development rights for the owners of the homes.....

Well thanks for correcting me  :wink:  I'm not a planner so incorrect phrasing on my part obviously.  Whatever it's called then that allows a degree of variation to the planning consent/condtions etc. My point being that amendment/variation does occur, whether it's earlier in the process or later, and can make a difference to the final outcome (in relation to my remit).     

once again, back to cars...
« Last Edit: 11 February 2015, 14:17 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1706 on: 11 February 2015, 16:45 »
Some crazy sideways action on a roundabout...(note to self, whilst doing the douche in front for crawling down a 50mph zone at 25mph, full accelerator in 2nd is not required). Conclusion Bridgestone's RE050A are scary. :sick:
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1707 on: 11 February 2015, 17:10 »
Some crazy sideways action on a roundabout...(note to self, whilst doing the douche in front for crawling down a 50mph zone at 25mph, full accelerator in 2nd is not required). Conclusion Bridgestone's RE050A are scary. :sick:

Are they coming with these on now instead of the Potenza S001's? I didn't think anything was as bad as the S001's!
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1708 on: 11 February 2015, 17:21 »
You know i never thought about it but i think i had the RE's not eh S01's. Whats the difference?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1709 on: 11 February 2015, 17:41 »
Mine is a Sept 2014 so that's what it got when it was born.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.