Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785013 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1660 on: 05 February 2015, 21:06 »
picked up boot liner, cargo net and gloss black mirror caps for swmbo's R, appears she also wants a set of rotary's for summer
« Last Edit: 05 February 2015, 22:16 by wigit »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1661 on: 05 February 2015, 22:08 »
...appears she also wants a set of roar's for summer

roar's?? Rotary's I presume. Another set, now that's just being greedy  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1662 on: 05 February 2015, 22:19 »
Well, my alloy footrest turned up from the supplier in China and as a bonus, no import it VAT payable (result).

I was fearing it would look a piece of junk but to be honest, it's really well designed and built and looks very OEM with good quality plastics and metal.

I'll fit it later today and post up some pictures etc to see how well it fit etc.

Fingers crossed. I have ordered one of these too !!  :shocked:
Mine turned up yesterday. First impressions are very good. I agree with Sootchucker, the quality seems very good and seeing as it will be fitted lower down I think you would be hard pushed not to know that it wasn't a genuine part  :smiley:
Thinking of ordering this footrest myself, can anyone confirm that it will definitely fit a manual car?
Should do. I think the footrests are the same in manual and DSG. My current GTI is a manual so I will fit it at the weekend and let you know and take a couple of photos if you like.
I am planning to fit it to a DSG R hopefully  :wink:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1663 on: 05 February 2015, 22:22 »
she wants a set for winter and summer, the set on at the moment are technically mine :)

they have gone up but dealer honouring the discounted price i paid, love them on the car, cadiz will be boxed up

car still has only down 200 miles

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1664 on: 05 February 2015, 22:25 »
she wants a set for winter and summer, the set on at the moment are technically mine :)

they have gone up but dealer honouring the discounted price i paid, love them on the car, cadiz will be boxed up

car still has only down 200 miles

Ahh, not letting her have yours then, good move  :laugh:

Cadiz  :sick:  (imo)
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1665 on: 05 February 2015, 22:29 »
she can have both all be it want to see what they look like on mine, think she is going for a set of VWR springs

cadiz have grown on me just she always liked anthracite wheels

she did not want prets as did not want 19s

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1666 on: 05 February 2015, 22:32 »
she can have both all be it want to see what they look like on mine, think she is going for a set of VWR springs

cadiz have grown on me just she always liked anthracite wheels

she did not want prets as did not want 19s

Try as I might I can't like the Cadiz.

I wish we'd been given the option of 18" prets, like the rest of Europe , I would have gone for them.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline bri

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1667 on: 05 February 2015, 23:04 »
Well, my alloy footrest turned up from the supplier in China and as a bonus, no import it VAT payable (result).

I was fearing it would look a piece of junk but to be honest, it's really well designed and built and looks very OEM with good quality plastics and metal.

I'll fit it later today and post up some pictures etc to see how well it fit etc.

Fingers crossed. I have ordered one of these too !!  :shocked:
Mine turned up yesterday. First impressions are very good. I agree with Sootchucker, the quality seems very good and seeing as it will be fitted lower down I think you would be hard pushed not to know that it wasn't a genuine part  :smiley:
Thinking of ordering this footrest myself, can anyone confirm that it will definitely fit a manual car?
Should do. I think the footrests are the same in manual and DSG. My current GTI is a manual so I will fit it at the weekend and let you know and take a couple of photos if you like.
I am planning to fit it to a DSG R hopefully  :wink:
Ok dude, thanks for that.

MK7 GOLF GTD .CARBON STEEL GREY MET.S+S

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1668 on: 05 February 2015, 23:08 »
Ordered a set of VWR 360mm 6 pots for mine and resisted putting a deposit on a GT4 as i value my gentlemens vegetables too much

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1669 on: 05 February 2015, 23:15 »
Ordered a set of VWR 360mm 6 pots for mine and resisted putting a deposit on a GT4 as i value my gentlemens vegetables too much

I guess an R400/420 and a GT4 is pushing it a little  :rolleyes:

I was drooling over the GT4 not 5 mins ago on facebook  :drool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual