Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785019 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1650 on: 27 January 2015, 23:22 »
Went to footy and put my phone in the storage compartment under the driver seat. Went to get it out and dropped it behind the storage compartment. I had to mess around in te dark and then take the compartment out in the cold.

Wigit those rims look good better than the standard if I may add. Also detail my ride top place used them to get my alloy repaired. Real nice guy.

I think once the mirrors are blacked out the car will look great on them, i'm not a fan of the cadiz hence why i went prets

I had the wheels on the Pirelli referred by DMR and they were great and they got the TSWs on the 7 redone

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #1651 on: 28 January 2015, 05:19 »
Wheels off, hubs painted, brakes cleaned, wheels washed and back on.

Would have done it earlier but had to get an ice hockey puck for my trolley jack!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline hastd2

• Here all the time
  • Gti the Ultimate Hot Hatch...
« Reply #1652 on: 28 January 2015, 20:21 »
Am mad...just snow foamed the car, and wash n polish, then inside hoovered...and its bloody dinging down snow!! :whistle:
And more snow on the way...och well it passed a few hrs in the freezing cold Scottish weather :laugh:
Build Week 11.04.16 - 2016 Mk7 Golf R, Lapiz Blue 5 door manual, 12 months R/Tax, 2 yrs free service, full tank of fuel, sure guard, and private plate transfer

2015 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Carbon Steel Grey, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

2013 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Pure White, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #1653 on: 29 January 2015, 14:53 »
Taxed the GTI today for a grand total of...

64 Euros for 6 months!!

Would have got a year but we'll hopefully be out of the country by July.

There are some things I do like about Cyprus!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #1654 on: 29 January 2015, 14:56 »
Am mad...just snow foamed the car, and wash n polish, then inside hoovered...and its bloody dinging down snow!! :whistle:
And more snow on the way...och well it passed a few hrs in the freezing cold Scottish weather :laugh:

You are mad! I've not washed mines in weeks and im in tropical East Lothian  :whistle:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1655 on: 03 February 2015, 19:19 »
Drove it in the very mild snow we had

Golf R Snow
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1656 on: 03 February 2015, 19:35 »
Drove it in the very mild snow we had

Golf R Snow
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr

What a beautiful and dreamy picture. One of the best, nay, the best, I have seen for an R.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1657 on: 03 February 2015, 19:40 »
Need to get the SLR out next time as that's just a camera phone. It was nice bringing out of the garage into the fresh unmolested snow.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1658 on: 05 February 2015, 16:33 »
Well, my alloy footrest turned up from the supplier in China and as a bonus, no import it VAT payable (result).

I was fearing it would look a piece of junk but to be honest, it's really well designed and built and looks very OEM with good quality plastics and metal.

I'll fit it later today and post up some pictures etc to see how well it fit etc.

Fingers crossed. I have ordered one of these too !!  :shocked:
Mine turned up yesterday. First impressions are very good. I agree with Sootchucker, the quality seems very good and seeing as it will be fitted lower down I think you would be hard pushed not to know that it wasn't a genuine part  :smiley:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline bri

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1659 on: 05 February 2015, 17:01 »
Well, my alloy footrest turned up from the supplier in China and as a bonus, no import it VAT payable (result).

I was fearing it would look a piece of junk but to be honest, it's really well designed and built and looks very OEM with good quality plastics and metal.

I'll fit it later today and post up some pictures etc to see how well it fit etc.

Fingers crossed. I have ordered one of these too !!  :shocked:
Mine turned up yesterday. First impressions are very good. I agree with Sootchucker, the quality seems very good and seeing as it will be fitted lower down I think you would be hard pushed not to know that it wasn't a genuine part  :smiley:
Thinking of ordering this footrest myself, can anyone confirm that it will definitely fit a manual car?

MK7 GOLF GTD .CARBON STEEL GREY MET.S+S