Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785002 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1640 on: 26 January 2015, 21:37 »
ChrisG they are VW Rotary Alloys which are in the accessories brochure, these are also an option on US spec GTIs

SRGTD i cannot believe more have not gone for them, they looks miles better than the cadiz

I agree on the looks. I'd not seen a set 'in the flesh' on a car until I got mine. Neither had the dealer, and they attracted lots of attention at the dealership the day I had them fitted. The big plus for me is that not being diamond cut, they won't suffer from the dreaded whiteworm corrosion either.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1641 on: 26 January 2015, 21:43 »
ChrisG they are VW Rotary Alloys which are in the accessories brochure, these are also an option on US spec GTIs

SRGTD i cannot believe more have not gone for them, they looks miles better than the cadiz

I agree on the looks. I'd not seen a set 'in the flesh' on a car until I got mine. Neither had the dealer, and they attracted lots of attention at the dealership the day I had them fitted. The big plus for me is that not being diamond cut, they won't suffer from the dreaded whiteworm corrosion either.

Agree, diamond cut so overrated and everywhere now, with ever more over fussy designs, not to mention the risk of white worm and the fact you only have to look at them the wrong way and they mark  :grin:

SRGTD I think you should post up a pic of your GTD in the mk6 section, so I can see those alloys on yours  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 26 January 2015, 21:46 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1642 on: 26 January 2015, 21:49 »

Agree, diamond cut so overrated and everywhere now, with ever more over fussy designs, not to mention the risk of white worm and the fact you only have to stare hard at them and they mark  :grin:

SRGTD I think you should post up a pic of your GTD in the mk6 section, so I can see those alloys on yours  :smiley:

When it's clean Booth, I will. I'd feel embarrassed to post pictures of a less than pristine car up for you to see; you've set the bar really high!

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1643 on: 26 January 2015, 21:55 »

Agree, diamond cut so overrated and everywhere now, with ever more over fussy designs, not to mention the risk of white worm and the fact you only have to stare hard at them and they mark  :grin:

When it's clean Booth, I will. I'd feel embarrassed to post pictures of a less than pristine car up for you to see; you've set the bar really high!

Don't worry SRGTD, I could soon lower that standard, if I could be bothered to get out of bed (yes it's been a tough day, lol) and photo it in it's current state.  Oh and if it wasn't pitch dark  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1644 on: 27 January 2015, 13:04 »
Picked up Revo's R for a few days to confuse the neighbours  :grin:

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #1645 on: 27 January 2015, 16:22 »
Another washed GTD and a top of Sonax to keep the road salts at bay.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1646 on: 27 January 2015, 17:14 »
Just had a call off VW Ensurance - absolutely useless. They're great at telling me what I already know (that my repair will get started on Monday), but want me to phone them to arrange a VW hire car (why? We've already had the discussion whereby i'm happy enough to have a Mini courtesy car from the repairer so don't need them to hire me a VW). They haven't chased up the other party either to confirm their acceptance of liability, even though Aviva's time allowance for their last ditch attempt to contact their client expired today.

VW Ensurance? Just an extra spanner in the works in my experience.  :sick:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #1647 on: 27 January 2015, 17:17 »
An extra spanner in the works, and an extra quid in VW's pocket - I presume they get something from the approved repairer?

I can't remember if I have Ensurance, did you have to sign something/agree to it?

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1648 on: 27 January 2015, 17:23 »
Yes you need to enrol... I did not take up the offer.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1649 on: 27 January 2015, 22:47 »
Went to footy and put my phone in the storage compartment under the driver seat. Went to get it out and dropped it behind the storage compartment. I had to mess around in te dark and then take the compartment out in the cold.

Wigit those rims look good better than the standard if I may add. Also detail my ride top place used them to get my alloy repaired. Real nice guy.
« Last Edit: 27 January 2015, 22:53 by Misterp »
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.