Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785055 times)

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1580 on: 07 January 2015, 21:08 »
The standard GTI may well be optimised to run on RON95 but Graham's GTI is far from standard and remaps have various settings depending on the quality of fuel being used and I'm guessing Graham is on the higher octane setting for V-Power and momentum.
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1581 on: 07 January 2015, 21:31 »
Cheers Savage, I believe you are correct. I'm running a shark stage 2 map plus intercooler, weirdly however my recent 95 Ron experience has noticed that while slower I feel slightly smoother, could be just the fwd handling the power better tho.
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1582 on: 08 January 2015, 09:11 »
Actually properly tried to drive the most economical i could to back to work today at dinner, the whole 8 miles that is largely over a country lane and I was amazed that I got 42mpg. Mostly by simply being in 1 higher gear that I normally would, and I had to recently switch to normal petrol as I have a fuel card and they've been moaning at me. I can certainly feel the reduction in bhp but i think its doing my mpg the world of good. Lets see what I get on the way back...

Only got 35 mpg this morning :( certainly better than normal driving where I don't break 30 but it was a bit more trafficky and the engine only got to 50c which I think may be the biggest contributor
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1583 on: 09 January 2015, 12:45 »
Got a phonecall today from Mill car clinic - my GTD isn't getting fixed on Monday as planned, they unwrapped the new tailgate and it's got a bigger dent in it than I have on mine post-crash. Part is out of stock with VW and on back-order.  :rolleyes:

Chris - if you're around next week for the VCDS scan you want to do, i'll still have my car.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1584 on: 13 January 2015, 14:22 »
Took the paperwork for the wife's private plate down so she can pick her R up on Saturday. this will be the final new VW car to leave Ridgeway Wantage given their new VW showroom opens in Didcot on the Monday and Wantage becomes a used car site :)

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #1585 on: 13 January 2015, 14:26 »
Took the paperwork for the wife's private plate down so she can pick her R up on Saturday. this will be the final new VW car to leave Ridgeway Wantage given their new VW showroom opens in Didcot on the Monday and Wantage becomes a used car site :)
You are going to be a 2 R household? That's pretty awesome  :drool:

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1586 on: 13 January 2015, 14:46 »
Having driven the loan R we had for a couple of months she decided to go for one instead of the GTI, we very nearly had two Pirellis

Polo is staying as the general work horse

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #1587 on: 13 January 2015, 14:59 »
Ah gotcha, I remembered you having an R already and thought it was yours  :whistle:

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1588 on: 13 January 2015, 15:36 »
Ah gotcha, I remembered you having an R already and thought it was yours  :whistle:

Loaner was due to seatgate, i've had mine since may and even though i never use it some how it has done 10k, all be it 2k was hooning around europe

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1589 on: 13 January 2015, 15:56 »
Having driven the loan R we had for a couple of months she decided to go for one instead of the GTI, we very nearly had two Pirellis

Polo is staying as the general work horse

Keeping the Polo....you must like it....

Ive visited the dealer looking for a BlueGT Polo....fancy changing our DS3 for one. But for some reason the GT is the only model in the Polo range which hasnt had the facelift yet. Apparently its due later in the year, so we are going to wait for that to be released.

Ken
GTI - PP