Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785013 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1450 on: 01 December 2014, 13:27 »
I did do a trial fit of these which i have purchased for Mrs W as a set of winters (initially), who said romance is dead

Awww, you know how to treat a gal!

I've long been a fan of those wheels, shame they don't make them in a Scirocco offset too so they fill the mk7 arches better
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1451 on: 01 December 2014, 13:42 »
the 1 series does have looks only a mother could love

:grin: inclined to agree, doesn't get called the ugly duckling for no reason. At times, and I stress at times, they can look nice. But they need to be highly specced. White, red leather, xenons etc

I have to admit it's grown on me. Ours is the M-Sport pack, obviously Grey, White Leather, Xenons, Tinted Glass, Professional Media, Heated Seats/Steering Wheel, Reversing Camera so we went pretty much fully loaded.

It's a nicer place to sit than the Golf, driving position is better and the interior a nicer design IMO. The media system is just brilliant, but overall the Golf is a much sharper car and the one I always hanker after, not just for the power difference.
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1452 on: 01 December 2014, 14:48 »
Been to Mill car clinic in Boldon after going through VW  Ensurance. New bumper, new boot lid, possible new stuff behind the bumper, currently unseen. No word from the other side yet, handed in my statement of events, photos and Google Earth locations for the incident.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1453 on: 01 December 2014, 15:41 »
I did do a trial fit of these which i have purchased for Mrs W as a set of winters (initially), who said romance is dead

They are the VW Rotary which are more anthracite than the picture suggests

The Mrs must have a rather enormous ring finger. :laugh:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1454 on: 01 December 2014, 15:59 »
Been to Mill car clinic in Boldon after going through VW  Ensurance. New bumper, new boot lid, possible new stuff behind the bumper, currently unseen. No word from the other side yet, handed in my statement of events, photos and Google Earth locations for the incident.

That's just the estimate, my initial post reads like they fixed my car already.  :grin:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1455 on: 01 December 2014, 16:32 »

Awww, you know how to treat a gal!

I've long been a fan of those wheels, shame they don't make them in a Scirocco offset too so they fill the mk7 arches better

i think they should look good on her nb R especially with some lowering springs

The Mrs must have a rather enormous ring finger. :laugh:

:grin:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1456 on: 01 December 2014, 16:40 »
Could some kind soul with super photoshop skills show the 18" Monza Shadows (Detroit) on a MK7 GTD/GTI/R.

These are my favourite wheels. If they look the business, then I'll put them on the R.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1457 on: 01 December 2014, 16:52 »
I have to admit it's grown on me. Ours is the M-Sport pack, obviously Grey, White Leather, Xenons, Tinted Glass, Professional Media, Heated Seats/Steering Wheel, Reversing Camera so we went pretty much fully loaded.

It's a nicer place to sit than the Golf, driving position is better and the interior a nicer design IMO. The media system is just brilliant, but overall the Golf is a much sharper car and the one I always hanker after, not just for the power difference.

I rather like  F20 in M Sport guise even though it looks like a lizard. But then I like lizards!
What it really needs is to get its snout with those crazy crossed eyes updated. The new LCI version will see to that.

The F20 is more claustrophobic inside than the Golf and I prefer the Golf's dashboard design which looks more modern.

But specced correctly, it is a very good car. Just don't get the manual gearbox. The worst of its kind bar none.
« Last Edit: 01 December 2014, 16:54 by am1w »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1458 on: 01 December 2014, 17:01 »

They are the VW Rotary which are more anthracite than the picture suggests

I like these a lot.  Should look superb against night blue.  Please post a pic when they're on :cool:  Lucky mrs w, you know the right way to a woman's heart.

As for the 1 series, if I were it's mother, I'd give it up for adoption :laugh:
« Last Edit: 01 December 2014, 17:03 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1459 on: 01 December 2014, 17:44 »
At least you can get the BMW in post office red it seems

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC