Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785074 times)

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1310 on: 13 October 2014, 17:38 »
Don't forget that some insurance companies classify dash cams as a modification to your vehicle and need to be declared.
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1311 on: 13 October 2014, 20:27 »
Don't forget that some insurance companies classify dash cams as a modification to your vehicle and need to be declared.

Seriously? That's as bad as winter tyres being a mod with some insurance companies.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1312 on: 13 October 2014, 20:30 »
Birchy: Once fault is established by the insurance companies, the side at fault will rush to get you a replacement rental of equivalent class to yours (or sometimes better). They don't want to give the non-fault side's legal  protection the chance to supply you with a car of their own at arse-rape weekly fees. It's the one good thing to come out of these legal cover sharks operating, blame is usually very quickly established.

When my 2 week old MK5 170TDI got clattered by a bus in 2007, my side's legal cover sorted me a billy-basic Golf 105TDI at the eye-watering daily rate of £93 cost to the bus company's insurance (although you did get Sat/Sun free if you had it for the week - how generous!  :grin:).

When my Scirocco got clattered, the other side were offering me a generous daily allowance at my local enterprise within 1/2 an hour of the incident. Enterprise insisted on spending every penny of the allowance by forcing me into a Merc ML350! Too bad it sat on the drive and did nowt when the whiplash kicked in hard.

Re the Road Hawk cam - giving it some serious thought, you can get a permanently wired lead to tap into the glovebox for £15. Some insurance companies may decide there's more risk of someone breaking into your car to pinch it than it recording a non-fault event and absolving you in a claim. I suppose it depends on your insurer. Perhaps they'd be happy for you to have one on the assumption that you don't leave it on view in the car when it is unattended (in much the same way as a portable sat-nav left in the car could be viewed by an insurance company).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #1313 on: 16 October 2014, 21:16 »
Re the Road Hawk cam - giving it some serious thought, you can get a permanently wired lead to tap into the glovebox for £15. Some insurance companies may decide there's more risk of someone breaking into your car to pinch it than it recording a non-fault event and absolving you in a claim. I suppose it depends on your insurer. Perhaps they'd be happy for you to have one on the assumption that you don't leave it on view in the car when it is unattended (in much the same way as a portable sat-nav left in the car could be viewed by an insurance company).

Dash cam for sale, £40  :whistle:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=270580.0

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1314 on: 16 October 2014, 21:37 »
Thanks Monsta, but I like my DAB too. Will probably get a camera when the R arrives, if the insurance company doesn't want to penalise me for having one.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1315 on: 17 October 2014, 17:48 »
New front boots.... Michelin PS3's

Massive grip difference between them and the Bridgestones - bye bye tramping!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1316 on: 17 October 2014, 18:10 »
New front boots.... Michelin PS3's

Massive grip difference between them and the Bridgestones - bye bye tramping!

Aye, a lot cheaper than buying an R (which may still come with sh!tty Bridgestones).  :rolleyes:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1317 on: 17 October 2014, 18:23 »
Maybe Bridgestones on the GTI and GTD has been a clever ploy by VW to get us all into Rs and other 4WD VWs?  :whistle:

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1318 on: 17 October 2014, 19:12 »
Aww I still have 4 mm left on my bridgestones :( my f1s are in the garage waiting for me :smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1319 on: 17 October 2014, 19:50 »
Maybe Bridgestones on the GTI and GTD has been a clever ploy by VW to get us all into Rs and other 4WD VWs?  :whistle:

That'll only be any use if their lateral grip is better than their forward traction grip!!!  :grin:

Exonian. I have mine fitted in front of the interior mirror. The cable is hidden under the head lining and the front door seal. Then it's under the carpet to the 12v socket. I have a multiway adapter in the armrest storage, that's why there is a curly cord.
Thanks, pretty neat and something I'm going to look into  :smiley:

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner