Author Topic: The forums latest MG.......... Its gone.  (Read 7721 times)

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
Re: The forums latest MG...........(Sideskirts fitted.)
« Reply #20 on: 23 January 2013, 16:02 »
Yeah man, get one!! :cool:

Theyre ridiculous cheap at the minute. Not the most accomplished handlers but certainly good fun to thrash about and cheap to run and maintain :laugh:

Which engine would you get? Ive gotta get a 160 soon, while the 1.4 is quick for what it is, its no hot hatch.

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 25 January 2013, 21:09 »
Dont think about going newer with the MG6 in 1.8t form. Its pish! Really poorly manufactured, and very disappointing performance and handling. I had one as a courtesy car when my Corrado was written off last year. They are pretty rare to see though! I had it 10 weeks in the end, and only saw one other in that time. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've seen one since..............

Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 25 January 2013, 21:36 »
I test drove one of those and thought it handled really well.  :shocked:

The reviews said that the handling was class leading too.

I dont think it felt all that quick though considering its about 2 secs quicker to 60 than my ZR.

How come you didnt like it? To be fair I seem to kiss MG ass at the minute (I think Ive become a fan boi  :laugh:) so might just have my rose tinted specs on but I really liked it and want to own one when theyre a bit cheaper.

« Last Edit: 25 January 2013, 21:40 by snifferdog »

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 25 January 2013, 22:38 »
You probably won't have to wait long then with it being an MG!  :grin:

It just felt a really wollowy. Mind you, I'd just come from my Corrado which was awsome handling standard, and it had been lowered 35mm so that could be a factor I suppose.

None of the interior trim panels lined up very well, you could see the exposed metal on the top of the door from inside, and could see a sort of square machine bend, instead of the seamless bend, and it was all cheap plastic dash. I also randomly kept getting an ESP light - on a car with 7k on when I got it. Even the key was shockingly cheap plastic crap!

Wasn't a fan at all I'm afraid.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 26 January 2013, 08:54 »
I can definitely agree with you on the key! It's the lightest key I've ever held and it felt really nasty. I think a few have been reported as broken already on the mg forums.

Still, I liked the car and hopefully will pick one up for a few grand in a year or two.
Theyre cheap and fun.

Obviously you had much more chance to look over one than what I did. So if I do end up getting one I'll keep an eye out for the poor build areas.

« Last Edit: 20 February 2013, 15:28 by snifferdog »

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 06 February 2013, 14:18 »
After the comments above, I went to Luffield MG last week to have another test drive but they were closed and only had 1 car in stock anyway.  :laugh:

Back on topic......

Painted the wheels silver as the black paint was cheap and nasty.

I didnt take the tyres off but I did spend more time doing the job and used a decent quality paint.

Looks better I think.

Also, currently looking into buying a TF160 for the summer as I have some money on its way to me.  :cool:

« Last Edit: 20 February 2013, 15:29 by snifferdog »

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
New wheels, an inch smaller than the straights at 16inches. I personally think that is the best sized wheel for a ZR though.

It feels more settled on the road and soaks up the bumps better.  :cool:

Its amazing how much smaller they look though  :undecided:

« Last Edit: 27 February 2013, 20:40 by snifferdog »

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: The forums latest MG...........(new wheels).
« Reply #27 on: 28 February 2013, 10:15 »
Love the grids, I want a set 18" ones for the Zed but they command stupid money on eBay. Cheaper to buy a set of brand new LM reps.

Nick

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 28 February 2013, 21:25 »
Ahhhh Horney, the only person who cares about this thread   :grin:

Ive always loved the grids too. I do kind of wish they were 17'' on the ZR though.

The 18's for the ZT look great, you should just bite the bullet and get some.  :drool:

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 26 March 2013, 18:38 »
Passed its MOT today, no drama!  :cool: