Author Topic: This isnt a project thread- Audi A4 derv  (Read 21025 times)

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
Re: This isnt a project thread- Audi A4 derv
« Reply #20 on: 08 October 2011, 17:33 »
Ok so windcreen wipers have stopped working properly (just kinda shudder across the screen stopping now and then even on top speed). Any ideas anyone or is It simply new motor time?

Also she has thrown of a wheel weight so when you do 70 on the motorway she shudders like a b!tch and when you do 100 on an air strip the shudder comes back.

The water temp sensor is properly f**ked now. She pretty much goes straight to 120 as soon as you start driving and everything beeps and you cant see anything on the display screen for the rest of the journey. Booo

On a lighter note, I should have my student load/grant soon so.... lowering ahoy!  :lipsrsealed:

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #21 on: 28 January 2012, 14:53 »
Right, a few updates. Wipers were sorted, they were seized up so I 'popped' them off (nightmare getting them out when solid) greased them up and they are fine. Anyhow, I bought some new wheels for her...

And this makes her look like a tractor and the tire is on show so my arches are gonna have to be rolled methinks.

Here is a little photopoop of her with a 40mm drop as intended.

So, just to sort a set of springs and getting the arches rolled.  :smiley:

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #22 on: 29 January 2012, 21:51 »
Ok, gonna have to be pulled, and thats gonna cost money. This would be on top of springs too. Im in two minds about weather I should bother  :undecided:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #23 on: 29 January 2012, 22:02 »
looks good sam, go see martin and ian, they'll roll and pull the arches for you so they fit.  :wink:

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #24 on: 29 January 2012, 22:10 »
looks good sam, go see martin and ian, they'll roll and pull the arches for you so they fit.  :wink:

Really? Without breaking my car, as its not a f**ked old golf

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #25 on: 29 January 2012, 22:12 »
they have an arch roller, did my rears on my three door with it after a meet to sort em out. might crack the paint slightly but thats cos its stretchin the metal

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #26 on: 29 January 2012, 22:14 »
they have an arch roller, did my rears on my three door with it after a meet to sort em out. might crack the paint slightly but thats cos its stretchin the metal

Might pay somone to do it, as they use a heat gun and all the other bolocks to do it.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #27 on: 29 January 2012, 22:16 »
Well I think they have 1. Martin didn't crack his paint. Doesn't hurt to ask. As ud have to pull the fronts I think the paint would suffer

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #28 on: 30 January 2012, 22:33 »
Ok, sent an email this morning to 'Archenemy' and it turns out.... they are pretty clueless. There website states how easy pulling/flairing audi A4 arches. But the email responding to my queery stated that they had 'little experience' with my car, and could only probs pull 5mm (what the f**k is the point in that!?

Anyhow, I am currently on the hunt for a good looking set of universal arches as a4 ones dont exist. Ideally I want them to attach via the little lip on the inside of the arch (dont know if this is possible) or attach them via a solvent that doesnt harm paintwork (perhaps the stuff badges are stuck on with?) Anyhow, here is a little photopoop.. its sh!te but gets my point accross.

EDIT:

Would early allroad arches fit? They certainly look better

« Last Edit: 30 January 2012, 23:35 by Sam »

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 31 January 2012, 01:50 »
Good shout on the allroad arches.

You may have to chop out/flare the inside of the arch after attaching the trims so that they don't tear up the tyres once you get it lowered, the plastic is really only there to make it look tidy.

You can rent a rolling/pulling tool from eBay for about £45 a weekend, give it a go with a heat gun and go really slowly and you'll be fine.