Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287880 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2150 on: 27 March 2011, 19:20 »
I am wondering what was up with Webber or were Redbull being dirty.

Christian Horner didn't seem very impressed with his drive both in quali and his race pace.

Just seems strange, I know Vettel is no1 driver with the team etc, maybe he had a off weekend :undecided:

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #2151 on: 28 March 2011, 00:00 »
.... I hope lewis doesn't get penalised for his plank,

:laugh:

sorry.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #2152 on: 28 March 2011, 13:19 »
By the way, well done to fellow Brit Paul di Resta........ His first F1 Race and he got 10th place for 1 Point. That's a fantastic start.

I didn't realize until they were talking about this guy on the radio this morning that he has beaten Vettel and Hamilton in the same junior formula cars in 2006. He is also arrives in F1 having won the German DTM championship last year. Could be one to watch out for.

« Last Edit: 28 March 2011, 21:06 by MAW73 »

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline DOA

• I live here
« Reply #2153 on: 28 March 2011, 17:08 »
Not in a force india he wont be  :wink:. Id rather Kobayashi and Perez kept their points, Perez deserves a medal for keeping that car going on only 1 stop in his first F1 race ever! Especially with Vetel holding him up after he had lapped him!

Offline Dolly

• I live here
« Reply #2154 on: 28 March 2011, 21:57 »
I like the Brundle/Coulthard double act on commentry - seems to work well.

However, I can guarantee that Brundle will say these phrases almost every weekend:

1) "(insert driver's name) is absolutely FLYING!"

2) "He's absolutely MIGHTY through there"

3) "That's straight to the scene of the accident"

He didn't say the 3rd one today but only because there weren't any accidents...  :laugh:

4) i remember crashing there in 87  :grin:

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2155 on: 30 March 2011, 11:06 »
The Sauber team is looking a good team for the future now, they have the drivers now they just need the car! Perez debut was great! Same with Di Resta! Very impressive by the both f them, that is the sort of tallent F1 should be promoting!

I still have to argue the point that Button was assisted by DSR and KERS in his pass on Massa, Massa had used his KERS trying to pull out an advantage on Button to stop him being able to use the DSR, by that time Massa had played his strategie that failed allowing Buttons strategie to succeseed in assist of DSR and KERS. In Malyasia We'll get a far better view on the DSR and KERS systems working together if they put the DSR zone in the right place, i'm hoping its the pit straight or the final straight of the track as the final straight has always been a good place to overtake and with the aid of KERS and DSR the pit straight fight could be very interesting! I think the race is looking promising  :smiley:

I dont have a clue how Red Bull have actually developed a car this fast, the technical spec behind it will be very interesting when it all comes out  :smiley:

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #2156 on: 30 March 2011, 11:15 »
The Sauber team is looking a good team for the future now, they have the drivers now they just need the car! Perez debut was great! Same with Di Resta! Very impressive by the both f them, that is the sort of tallent F1 should be promoting!

I still have to argue the point that Button was assisted by DSR and KERS in his pass on Massa, Massa had used his KERS trying to pull out an advantage on Button to stop him being able to use the DSR, by that time Massa had played his strategie that failed allowing Buttons strategie to succeseed in assist of DSR and KERS. In Malyasia We'll get a far better view on the DSR and KERS systems working together if they put the DSR zone in the right place, i'm hoping its the pit straight or the final straight of the track as the final straight has always been a good place to overtake and with the aid of KERS and DSR the pit straight fight could be very interesting! I think the race is looking promising  :smiley:

I dont have a clue how Red Bull have actually developed a car this fast, the technical spec behind it will be very interesting when it all comes out  :smiley:

...... its frightening how fast that Red Bull is. The next race being a proper racng circuit will suit them even more seeing as each corner will be reliant on the aero-dyanamics of the car. Every one else will be playing catch up unfortunatly. I may be wrong though.  :undecided:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2157 on: 30 March 2011, 12:09 »

Simple really, something is not legal in someway, I think sooner or later somebody will work it out.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2158 on: 30 March 2011, 12:32 »

Simple really, something is not legal in someway, I think sooner or later somebody will work it out.

Not neccessarily. The double diffused wasnt illegal when it was introduced, it could just be a new development within the team? I do have to say the speed it seems to have looks as if there is a rabbit off somewhere.

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #2159 on: 30 March 2011, 12:40 »
Red Bull have Adrian Newey.  Simples