Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 288198 times)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #380 on: 24 September 2009, 23:36 »
yeah but piquet has ruined his chances of ever coming back to F1.He is well and truly done with F1 now.

Lets be honest was he any good anyway.
Just there because of successful relative like ralf schumacher jaque vielnerve and damon hill etc.

Er Damon won a World Championship. You don't get those just cause of your name. Watched Damon's son Josh in Formula Ford on Sunday and he's pretty racy as well.

Nick

And so did jaques, in 1998  :smiley:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #381 on: 24 September 2009, 23:42 »
both wrong. It was 1997 that he wont the F1 championship.

1997    Formula One    Rothsmans Williams Renault    1st

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #382 on: 24 September 2009, 23:47 »
Does it matter? Ha ha

The point is you don't get in F1 cause of your name and certainly don't win a title because of it.

Nick

gtigolfthree

« Reply #383 on: 25 September 2009, 00:02 »
yeah but piquet has ruined his chances of ever coming back to F1.He is well and truly done with F1 now.

Lets be honest was he any good anyway.
Just there because of successful relative like ralf schumacher jaque vielnerve and damon hill etc.

Er Damon won a World Championship. You don't get those just cause of your name. Watched Damon's son Josh in Formula Ford on Sunday and he's pretty racy as well.

Nick
Damon Hill was crap schummacher had just moved to ferrari who were total crap at the time and he still nearly beat Hill, who if I remember correctly was in the top performing Williams.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #384 on: 25 September 2009, 10:26 »
yeah you have to be a really crap driver to be in f1 dont you  :rolleyes: hill and villeneuve were both very good drivers

to a certain extent your name will help get you into f1, piquet's name brings loads of sponsorship with it. (maybe not anymore though haha) expect to see bruno senna make it into f1 soon as well!

ralph schumacher was pretty rubbish though! he isnt doing very well in the DTM either

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
« Reply #385 on: 25 September 2009, 12:18 »
This is too funny to be true, but I have just heard that Grosjean has just crashed in the exact same spot as Piquet "crashed" last year  :grin:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #386 on: 25 September 2009, 12:22 »
This is too funny to be true, but I have just heard that Grosjean has just crashed in the exact same spot as Piquet "crashed" last year  :grin:

Yeah I've just seen this too, ha ha ha ha ha.

nick

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #387 on: 25 September 2009, 12:24 »
:D lol brilliant !!!

1144: "Sorry guys, I lost the car in Turn 17," says Romain Grosjean. Yes, we saw that. Disbelieving looks on the Renault pit wall that scream "seriously, that corner??". By the way, there isn't room to put a permanent crane at that point, which basically means that we'll be looking at a safety car - again - should the same thing happen in the race. Cue lots of chin-stroking.

1141: RED FLAG. Renault's Romain Grosjean loses the back end coming out of Turn 17 and catches the right rear on the wall before rolling into the opposite wall. Unbelievably, that is the exact wall that Nelson Piquet Jr smashed into last year. Oh the irony.

adamrob69

« Reply #388 on: 25 September 2009, 12:39 »
Just been watching it, an almost carbon copy! to much round the corner, on the curb and loses back end and ends up other side of the circuit.

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #389 on: 25 September 2009, 12:43 »
He probably got told to do that to back up that last years 'accident' was an accident.

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!