Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 436866 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's MK3 20VT
« Reply #1770 on: 29 November 2010, 12:50 »
PHAT

Cheers bud :cool:

If you want any original vw coilpacks that WORK mate I have 8 :lol:

Thanks bud, my old ones work so don't know what the problem was. Now it won't start, got to check over the wiring again. Argghhh! Going to check the fuel pump relay too. The ECU isn't turning it on when cranking, so don't know whether its a relay problem, an ECU power supply/earth problem....

I think its something simple, but finding it won't be easy. Might be auto electrician time again :D

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1771 on: 29 November 2010, 17:26 »
Looks good rollin'........... makes standard height look even worse than it is!

Glad you found the problem (even though it was the hard way!)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1772 on: 29 November 2010, 18:38 »
Cheers mate. Yeah glad thats sorted. Just need to sort this other problem out. Sure its fueling. ECU to fuel pump. ECU supply or earth. Working tonight and had food poisoning late last night and this morning, think I'll just rest later lol.

Offline stugolfmk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1773 on: 30 November 2010, 23:29 »
we fixed it will let alex tell u all about it  :drool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1774 on: 30 November 2010, 23:58 »
All I can say is - F**king EuroCarParts.

Not sure what actually cured the original problem, either the fuel pump or the N75. I fitted the new coilpacks, didn't work and they turned out to be faulty so fitted the old ones and it cured the misfire.
Then I was left with a starting/cutting out problem. Couldn't possibly be the crank sensor as its new.... Well after much diagnosis and no luck and having already lost faith in ECP, we tried the old crank sensor. It worked lol.

So yeah back up and running sweet. Time now to powder coat the rims and start on the interior :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1775 on: 01 December 2010, 09:26 »
All I can say is - F**king EuroCarParts.

Not sure what actually cured the original problem, either the fuel pump or the N75. I fitted the new coilpacks, didn't work and they turned out to be faulty so fitted the old ones and it cured the misfire.
Then I was left with a starting/cutting out problem. Couldn't possibly be the crank sensor as its new.... Well after much diagnosis and no luck and having already lost faith in ECP, we tried the old crank sensor. It worked lol.

So yeah back up and running sweet. Time now to powder coat the rims and start on the interior :cool:

Nice one... been there before, replaced a faulty part with a faulty part and then wasted loads of time trying to find another problem that isn't there!

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1776 on: 09 December 2010, 12:37 »

:lipsrsealed::kiss: Love it.

i'm down your end after christmas visiting my bro, i'm definatly coming to see this (when i have a reliable / running / not f**ked car) :D

Dan

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1777 on: 09 December 2010, 12:46 »
Cheers Danny boi! Yeah defo say hi! Is he in Plymouth?

Not much to update as yet. Wheels could be changing soon, getting annoyed with the polish, only looks good when you have just cleaned it up. Next day it needs a clean again.

So debating on spraying/coating them in another color. I have an idea in mind, involves the entire wheel going one color and some vinyl work, but we'll see. I want to do something different which looks like a decent job. The current pink wheels don't even match each other (sh!tty halfords paint mixing), and its annoying lol.

Also two new wings to come next year, will be getting them pulled out and sprayed as well as getting the rear arches tidied up after we hammered them out. Depending on funds at the time, might get it flatted back and polished up too while its in the bodyshop and get any other bits that the other sprayers didn't do right, tidied up. All depends on how much really.

As soon as I get time, I will be collecting a set of ABC pillars and maybe a headliner, to redecorate.

Other than that, I don't really have any other plans for it. Just the usual spontaneous repairs!

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1778 on: 09 December 2010, 13:57 »
Naaah about 150 miles away in portsmouth :D it's okaay, might bring lass with me to keep company. road trip ftw :)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1779 on: 09 December 2010, 14:00 »
Naaah about 150 miles away in portsmouth :D it's okaay, might bring lass with me to keep company. road trip ftw :)

Haha, tw@t.

Your more than welcome to roll down, not exactly round the corner though lol.