Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 436855 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [Time to tidy things up]
« Reply #1510 on: 24 September 2010, 09:35 »
Do I buy the spray version? Dismantle the coilover and coat the thread, then put it all back together, set height and fit them to the car? 

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #1511 on: 24 September 2010, 09:39 »
I did mine a couple of days after while fitted and set at the height, was a bit of an after thought so hopefully their ok lol might be better to do under the rings too though

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1512 on: 24 September 2010, 10:04 »
Sweet deal, yer will have my laptop, so will posting as I work probs lol.

When you coming to plymouth?!? Defo gotta stop in!

I'm not, but if i ever i do, then i will  :cool:

Do I buy the spray version? Dismantle the coilover and coat the thread, then put it all back together, set height and fit them to the car? 

I would advise so, but i've never done it. Sounds like the logical thing to do  :cool:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1513 on: 24 September 2010, 10:10 »

What I did was coat all the threads in copperslip, fit and adjust as required then spray in waxoil.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1514 on: 24 September 2010, 10:19 »
That's cool. Its just the car is at work and I planned on fitting them after work. I don't have any waxoyl and its a trek to go get some. So I'll grab some on the weekend. Car will be sat on stands with no wheels on anyway.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1515 on: 25 September 2010, 03:33 »
OK, so bad times, coilies didn't get fitted. Long story, but they will be done early next week.

Got my boost pipes back today and fitted them back on.

Also did a lot of work on the wiring, cutting, re-routing, etc. Made a good start. Going to be going over all the wiring diagrams again to make sure I wire the coolant gauge in properly and the earth and bolted where they are meant to be. I found a major earth (maybe fusebox) bolted to the engine and I'm sure its meant to be bolted to the chassis...

So its starting to come together, going to grab some paint tomorrow for the wheels and prep and primer a couple brackets, inlet and cam cover. Yes, the sprayers are useless c*nts and so I'm going to do it myself. Everything will be painted by the end of the weekend as well as all the wiring finished.

New hoses, etc should arrive Monday, so engine bay will be done then.

Only thing left to do will be coilies, fit rims and start it up (oh and ignition switch is being done Monday/Tuesday).

ALSO! I think I found a few suspects for the running problem. A split breather hose and the turbo intake pipe wasn't fixed to the turbo properly! I have tried fixing it on a couple times tonight but it keeps coming loose... no room for the hose clip... going to give it another few tries this weekend.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1516 on: 25 September 2010, 09:27 »

Do you run it with the wiring like this, or is it you plan to tidy it, the loom along the firewall needs fixing / sorting asap with the heat from the exhaust.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #1517 on: 25 September 2010, 09:36 »
Pretty sure I remember him saying he took the covering off those wires to try and sort the ignition/gauges problems :)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1518 on: 25 September 2010, 09:49 »
Pretty sure I remember him saying he took the covering off those wires to try and sort the ignition/gauges problems :)

Yeah i'm sure he said something along those lines  :smiley:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1519 on: 25 September 2010, 12:13 »
Yer its normally fixed, but i'm cutting and re-routing it all. Its going to look neat and tidy, won't sag or go near exhaust, etc. I just ran out of that black plastic wire tidy stuff. Getting some more today along with paint for the rims :cool: