Author Topic: VW 12year paint warranty  (Read 4553 times)

Offline luize

• Not said much yet
VW 12year paint warranty
« on: 22 February 2010, 20:41 »
just reading thru the bumf and stuff and it says you get 12 years paint warranty etc, tops of my struts are bubbling up and theres no way they owuld get scratched. 

think i could get this done or is it a long shot  :grin: :grin: :laugh:

Offline vwprime

• I live here
Re: VW 12year paint warranty
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2010, 20:43 »
All i could say is try it mate and see what thay say. It does state in black and white dosent it.
TRANSFORM, & ROLL OUT!

Offline luize

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2010, 20:47 »
just a shame as the rest of the car is rust free and i was cleaning the engine bay and saw that all the paint was bubbling, i didnt want to rub over it with the cloth incase the paint flaked off.
i feel like a n*b going into the dealer with my 10 year old golf saying im going rusty please fix under warranty  :grin: :grin:

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2010, 20:47 »
you prob have to be the owner from new, somthing lame like that

Offline luize

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2010, 20:51 »
proberbly, gotta be something like that in the small print. it does have FSH tho lol

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2010, 20:54 »
the vw paint warranty goes with the car it doesn't matter how many owners there have been but they check it to see if it had any paint work done before if it has then it voids the warranty!

Offline luize

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2010, 20:59 »
hmm thats true too, doesnt look to have been in a bump or anything but im no bodyshop. il have a good detailing session on it at the weekend as im going to claybar it so will see  :cool:

Offline ashw831

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2010, 21:31 »
if this comes off it would be brilliant.. long shot though! :undecided:

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #8 on: 22 February 2010, 22:27 »
Most car makers usually throw a disclaimer in the paint warranty, which states that you must have a paint inspection every second year, for example.  Personally, I would phone VW UK for their official stance on the matter before you confront your local dealer. :)
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
« Reply #9 on: 22 February 2010, 23:20 »
be nice to get some feedback on this, cos if so i may have to get mine checked as it has a small rust spot on the rear quarter where the window seal goes and i know the seals hold water as ive noticed this when cleaning that it takes ages to dry round the seals.

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6