Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791378 times)

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9920 on: 20 January 2020, 23:02 »
Joys of loving your car Rajb…. I spent 4hrs on mine yesterday as its the first weekend in a while it hasn't been raining and after a heavy frost you can hardly tell but it's nice to know she's got some more protection on her!! Second coat with Sonax BSD, diluted it 50/50 and it was really nice and easy to apply and beads like crazy and the first time lasted pretty well for something so cost effective! (don't like to say cheap when talking about paint protection! :grin:)

Have to say though rajb yours does sit really nice.... I'm guessing lowered and spacers??

Yeah I don’t mind cleaning it but would just be nice for it to stay clean for just a little longer lol.
Mines ceramic coated and PPF’d but still the crap on the roads just tries so damn hard to stick to it.

Thanks. Mines on KW DDC coilovers and the OZ’s are run with no spacers.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9921 on: 20 January 2020, 23:04 »
We really should organize a meet sometime!

Should do definitely.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9922 on: 20 January 2020, 23:06 »
Forgot to post this shot up when I went over the Johns @ Bespoke Leathering to get the drivers base bolster sorted.

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9923 on: 21 January 2020, 08:09 »
Joys of loving your car Rajb…. I spent 4hrs on mine yesterday as its the first weekend in a while it hasn't been raining and after a heavy frost you can hardly tell but it's nice to know she's got some more protection on her!! Second coat with Sonax BSD, diluted it 50/50 and it was really nice and easy to apply and beads like crazy and the first time lasted pretty well for something so cost effective! (don't like to say cheap when talking about paint protection! :grin:)

Have to say though rajb yours does sit really nice.... I'm guessing lowered and spacers??

Yeah I don’t mind cleaning it but would just be nice for it to stay clean for just a little longer lol.
Mines ceramic coated and PPF’d but still the crap on the roads just tries so damn hard to stick to it.

Thanks. Mines on KW DDC coilovers and the OZ’s are run with no spacers.

Wow... now there's a guy who takes paint protection very seriously!!

and I didn't spot it in your first pic on here but what bonnet have you got on there? I'm liking it and the subtle little vents!! :wink:
2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9924 on: 21 January 2020, 15:46 »

Wow... now there's a guy who takes paint protection very seriously!!

Errr yeah lol. I do a lot of motorway miles and the constant crap that gets kicked up would just ruin the front end. Well that's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it lol

and I didn't spot it in your first pic on here but what bonnet have you got on there? I'm liking it and the subtle little vents!! :wink:

Thanks buddy. Yeah I do love the bonnet. It's a RevoZport Razor 7 CF one. Do love the vents as they sort of similar to the ones on the M3 bonnet.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9925 on: 21 January 2020, 19:30 »
It has been a progressive couple of weeks for the GTI - TCR spoiler installed last week, CSS rear muffler and Turbo Technics intake + drop-in filter yesterday and Clubsport rear diffuser today.

« Last Edit: 21 January 2020, 19:32 by Ryan90GTI »

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9926 on: 21 January 2020, 20:16 »
Looking good! How's it sounding, a little bit raucous I hope?!  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9927 on: 21 January 2020, 20:46 »

it sounds amazing, especially the DSG farts. I drove with the window down until I got to the motorway  :grin:. I'll upload a video at some point comparing it to the stock setup.

The throttle response feels better too which I'm guessing will be the Turbo Technics intake/ performance filter combo which surprised me.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9928 on: 21 January 2020, 21:28 »

it sounds amazing, especially the DSG farts. I drove with the window down until I got to the motorway  :grin:. I'll upload a video at some point comparing it to the stock setup.

The throttle response feels better too which I'm guessing will be the Turbo Technics intake/ performance filter combo which surprised me.

Nice!  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9929 on: 22 January 2020, 08:45 »
Just left my car in to get a Sachs uprated clutch fitted. Hopefully have it back by the end of today. The clutch was slipping slightly in 5th and 6th so I looking forward to seeing how the new one feels :)
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights