Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791499 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8200 on: 14 March 2018, 14:20 »
I frigging hate the orange warning light in sport mode on the MFD. no need at all

Well I devalued my clubsport S today by passing the 1000 mile mark!

First proper drive in months. The roads aren’t ready yet - still pretty minging in the sticks.

The Michelin PS4 are bloody good too!

Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8201 on: 14 March 2018, 16:38 »
One of the first things I did when I got my OBDeleven last March.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8202 on: 14 March 2018, 16:57 »
Just got back from a good long drive, 730 miles. Saturday from London to Stockton, Monday to Norfolk and home today. Good economy at around 41, fast when needed, comfy and relaxing at other times. Was nice and clean on departure, looked like it had been covered in glue and dipped in a sand pit on arrival in Norfolk :rolleyes:

If anyone passes near Kings Lynn I'd thoroughly recommend a visit to the world's biggest beer shop in Setchey!

Of particular note was the horrendous state of much of our roads nationally and in particular the motorway network with deep and numerous potholes everywhere, it's a national disgrace and very dangerous not to mention the potential for damage to the wheels :angry: Shocking.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline DubmanSam

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8203 on: 14 March 2018, 17:18 »
You mind sharing ?

I did it like this, in Cent. Elect.

Capture by sk8erwi, on Flickr

Just ticked the 'Drive Select Button w/o Function Light Installed'
2016 MK7 Golf GTI PP Solid White, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge Intake Pipe, CTS Turbo Inlet, Pipercross Filter, Rear Wiper Delete, 10mm Spacers Front, 15mm Spacers Rear, VCDS tweaks, ST Suspension RARB, 034 Motorsport Engine Mounts, Centre Resonator Delete, REVO Turbo Muffler Delete, Sachs Performance Clutch, S3 Short Shifter, Clutch Bump Stop, Clutch Delay Valve Removed

Offline BlinGTIes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8204 on: 14 March 2018, 23:11 »

Fitted Lockwood sill protectors
[/quote

These look great. Where did you get them? Easy to fit and remove?

Just Google Lockwood sills, get direct from them.
Easy to fit, just stick on. Not sure about taking off, they stick on pretty solid. Don't see the need to remove.

Cheers! Just because I have a lease, not 100% sure if I can leave these on when I return the car and obviously don’t  want to damage the paint when removing.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #8205 on: 15 March 2018, 10:13 »
Took the old girl for an MOT - where have the years gone; they grow up so fast.....

Bought the old girl a birthday present

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8206 on: 15 March 2018, 14:51 »

Fitted Lockwood sill protectors

These look great. Where did you get them? Easy to fit and remove?

Just Google Lockwood sills, get direct from them.
Easy to fit, just stick on. Not sure about taking off, they stick on pretty solid. Don't see the need to remove.

Cheers! Just because I have a lease, not 100% sure if I can leave these on when I return the car and obviously don’t  want to damage the paint when removing.

They come off easily with no damage to paint as long as you are gentle. To remove, gently heat the sill plates by running a hairdyer back and forth over them for a couple mins to soften the glue tape behind, then carefully pull the plate off and away from the sill. Remove any glue residue on the sill with tar remover or paraffin.

Before Lockwood produced R logo plates, I had their plain ones on my car and I removed them and replaced with R logo ones when they came out.  No issues removing the original set.

Out with the old

In with the new

« Last Edit: 15 March 2018, 14:55 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8207 on: 15 March 2018, 14:51 »
Took the old girl for an MOT - where have the years gone; they grow up so fast.....

Bought the old girl a birthday present

Great birthday present.  Makes shifting a delight!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #8208 on: 15 March 2018, 23:32 »
Fitted new Parker alloys ( I know some people find them hideous) shod  with eagle f1 asy 3’s. Original Austin and anthracite rotarys back in the garage for now. Also took the last 2 days off work for full detail including swirl removal and gloss enchancement. Used Das6 DA polished and a combination of Menzerna polishes. They really are great products. All ready for the summer (or the snow !) :laugh: :laugh:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #8209 on: 15 March 2018, 23:41 »
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox