Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791433 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6890 on: 09 July 2017, 14:01 »
Well after almost 4 years of ownership I've today sold the car and parted ways. What I can I say, it's been a great car and hasn't once missed a heartbeat. Yes it's had the usual VW rattles but apart from that it's been thourghly enjoyable ownership experience and will be sadly missed. Anyway, a few pics of her a couple of hours before she left  :cry: :cry:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6891 on: 09 July 2017, 14:03 »
What you bought instead Craig?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6892 on: 09 July 2017, 14:15 »

Golf R mate. Coming a week on Tuesday  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6893 on: 09 July 2017, 16:07 »

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new pride and joy :smiley: I regretted letting my Audi go, it had been a faithful family member for 12 years and I'm always thinking fondly of it but it's great having something new especially when it's this good.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #6894 on: 09 July 2017, 17:04 »

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new pride and joy :smiley: I regretted letting my Audi go, it had been a faithful family member for 12 years and I'm always thinking fondly of it but it's great having something new especially when it's this good.

It's appeared on GTi World Facebook page.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6895 on: 09 July 2017, 17:29 »

Interested to hear your thoughts when you get it.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6896 on: 09 July 2017, 18:56 »

Although I loved the car, coming from a similarly powered TT it didn't give me that wow factor in terms of performance which I'm hoping the R will do. Also it was the right time to change for me financially as getting on for four years it was only going to keep losing value and as I like to buy my cars outright I didn't want the potential sell on price continuing to fall

Will do pal. Can't wait to collect it now. It's been pretty quick to be fair, only ordered on 10th May so will be just about 10 weeks when it gets delivered

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #6897 on: 09 July 2017, 19:37 »

Although I loved the car, coming from a similarly powered TT it didn't give me that wow factor in terms of performance which I'm hoping the R will do. Also it was the right time to change for me financially as getting on for four years it was only going to keep losing value and as I like to buy my cars outright I didn't want the potential sell on price continuing to fall

Will do pal. Can't wait to collect it now. It's been pretty quick to be fair, only ordered on 10th May so will be just about 10 weeks when it gets delivered

What spec have you gone for?

I am getting into a similar position to you where my car is 3 and half years and want to swap whilst the value is still is in it
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6898 on: 09 July 2017, 19:46 »

What spec have you gone for?

I am getting into a similar position to you where my car is 3 and half years and want to swap whilst the value is still is in it

It's relatively basic James, 5dr DSG, lapis blue, gloss black mirrors and 90% tints. The fact you get a bigger basic Nav screen and winterpack as standard means I didn't really need anything else. Would have perhaps liked the prets but didn't want to pay another grand for them when I don't mind the Cadiz too much

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #6899 on: 10 July 2017, 07:31 »
To be fair on any performance golfs the spec is already good.

I am thinking for me
White or indium grey
Pretoria silver alloys
Rear camera

Also debating if I should get DCC
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger