Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791305 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2660 on: 30 July 2015, 20:55 »
Your man is unharmed and lives to detail another day! :smiley: 

You only have to wallow in filth for one more week before order is R-estored.

Will you grace the forum with a pic of the preened prima donna, once your car has had a spa?

Not this forum but vwroc.

Ok, but may I ask why not this forum also?  It may not have an 'R' in it's name but plenty of people with R's frequent this place.   :huh:

Because that is my preference. Simples.  :smiley:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2661 on: 30 July 2015, 21:08 »
Your man is unharmed and lives to detail another day! :smiley: 

You only have to wallow in filth for one more week before order is R-estored.

Will you grace the forum with a pic of the preened prima donna, once your car has had a spa?

Not this forum but vwroc.

Ok, but may I ask why not this forum also?  It may not have an 'R' in it's name but plenty of people with R's frequent this place.   :huh:

Because that is my preference. Simples.  :smiley:

An odd attitude IMO.  ETTO.  :smiley:

Back on topic....checked the tracker today - still at stage 2, wonder if tommorow will bring the long awaited stage 3 text...?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #2662 on: 31 July 2015, 00:34 »
My Golf R has arrived at the dealer already and will now be sat waiting for me for 4 weeks.
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2663 on: 31 July 2015, 08:05 »
My Golf R has arrived at the dealer already and will now be sat waiting for me for 4 weeks.

Good news!  That's going to drag by  :grin:

Remind me, how far back did you order?  Cadiz wheels?
« Last Edit: 31 July 2015, 08:08 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2664 on: 31 July 2015, 12:39 »
i actually had to resort to using the R in comfort mode for the first time as a result of pulling a muscle and trapping a nerve in my neck

The injury was sustained sprinting the Polo and the magnitude of the lateral G  :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2665 on: 31 July 2015, 14:59 »
i actually had to resort to using the R in comfort mode for the first time as a result of pulling a muscle and trapping a nerve in my neck

The injury was sustained sprinting the Polo and the magnitude of the lateral G  :grin:

Oh dear!  And was this injury sustained racing (your?) Polo a track or just on route to the local supermarket  :laugh:

Did comfort mode help?  or will you be straight back to Sport asap!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2666 on: 31 July 2015, 15:04 »
Well a busy week with the golf this week.

Firstly me and my mate got it up on axle stands and fitted my Milltek resonated cat back exhaust. I wanted the resonated as I'm not 17 any more - quick drive by video of my mate in it...

Well chuffed with it - fit and finish was spot on and it sounds just right!

Then popped into my trusted garage and got them to pop my Eibach Sportlines on with the following results...

Before

and after

Again, glad I got these particular springs - I had Sportlines on my Astra VXR prior to getting this and was always impressed with them.

So added to the DTUK tuning box I've already got on there and the forthcoming wheels (BBS SR), Induction kit (when GrahamFR gets his new one) and GFB DV+ (when it's stops raining) and it'll be pretty much exactly as I want. Anything after that will simply be cosmetic.

Ta-daaaaa, i'll PM you Gnasher!
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2667 on: 31 July 2015, 15:06 »
Today I ragged the *!@# out of my R to get onto an empty A1 from the inside lane of a traffic lighted dual lane slip road. Got to a ton very quickly, and then let it drift back down to 80. Every once in a while I remind myself of the things the R is very good at, even if i'm generally a more careful driver in the R. Now i'm off to properly wire in my Blackvue 650's Magic powerbox.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2668 on: 31 July 2015, 15:30 »

Oh dear!  And was this injury sustained racing (your?) Polo a track or just on route to the local supermarket  :laugh:

Did comfort mode help?  or will you be straight back to Sport asap!

Pootle made its first and track outing as it two has sh!tstones, Jony at JPEG flattering the car

Comfort did help in terms of PAS and its a bit less full on

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2669 on: 31 July 2015, 15:46 »
Looks great in that shot, mean and moody Pootle!  :cool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual