Author Topic: rcd510  (Read 13269 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: rcd510
« Reply #80 on: 10 September 2009, 12:34 »

I'm the same buddy, total novice. Should cost around £200-£250 from the US (excluding any possible customs and import charges) And if you do decide to buy, the mk6 needs the CAN interface. So HEX-USB+CAN Interface would be ideal.

The UK company on the official Ross-tech distributer list is Gendan.
They supply it for £200 with free postage.
http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCMC.html
If the problem can be fixed by VagCom, then I'd happily pay out the £200... as it would still be much cheaper than the factory fit options!!

Cool, never knew about that.

Maybe it might be an option for us mk6'ers, that we could get say 20 of us, all chip in £10 each and buy it. Then we just send to whoever needs it.

I can see that going Pete Tong.  :lipsrsealed:

Because of untrustworthy people ?

Noooo - nothing sinister like that! :embarassed:

Someone might have gone away on holiday or business or sommat, or they might not have finished with it themselves, or they might have mislaid it, or maybe they just lazy and CBA to pop it in a jiffy bag and pop in a post box. :smiley:  Or it might even get stollen from their car or garage? :cry:

If you have intentions of keeping your dub for a few years, then getting your own vag-com lead for 200 notes is definately a worthwhile investment.  Use it a few times yourself, or help out fellow dubbers for a few beer tokens, and it will soon pay for itself.  And you can always sell it later. :afro:

Ah ok, cool.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #81 on: 10 September 2009, 14:06 »
Found a garage to code the RNS510 to my car, getting it done sat'day morning for £25. That will do me for now and as soon as i can i'll purchase my own most definately, still shocked VW wanted my car for half a day at £75plus VAT per hour... Outragous

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #82 on: 10 September 2009, 14:37 »
Found a garage to code the RNS510 to my car, getting it done sat'day morning for £25. That will do me for now and as soon as i can i'll purchase my own most definately, still shocked VW wanted my car for half a day at £75plus VAT per hour... Outragous

Well done.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #83 on: 10 September 2009, 14:44 »
If you have intentions of keeping your dub for a few years, then getting your own vag-com lead for 200 notes is definately a worthwhile investment.  Use it a few times yourself, or help out fellow dubbers for a few beer tokens, and it will soon pay for itself.  And you can always sell it later. :afro:

+1

i've recovered the cost of my VAG COM lead in the 2 years i've had it  :smiley:

Awesome bit of kit  :cool:

Offline waddler

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #84 on: 10 September 2009, 17:04 »
What can you do with it that saves money and how easy is it to use?

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #85 on: 10 September 2009, 17:08 »
What can you do with it that saves money and how easy is it to use?

www.Ross-Tech.com  :wink:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #86 on: 11 September 2009, 09:12 »
[

Maybe it might be an option for us mk6'ers, that we could get say 20 of us, all chip in £10 each and buy it. Then we just send to whoever needs it.

Thee is a spreadsheet of people here with VAG.COM that might help
http://uk-mkivs.net/files/folders/vag_com_user_locations/entry1533551.aspx
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #87 on: 14 September 2009, 16:14 »
Got my MFSW and MFD operational again, even updated fw on my RNS510  :grin:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #88 on: 14 September 2009, 16:23 »

Were you allowed to sit with them when using the VCDS ? If so, what did you think of it ?

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #89 on: 14 September 2009, 16:57 »

Were you allowed to sit with them when using the VCDS ? If so, what did you think of it ?

Yes a member off mk5golfgti did it for me, took him 10mins. I'm defo going to purchase it when ive got some money spare, i'd say it's worth £200 easy