Author Topic: Sprog on the block.  (Read 1647 times)

Offline mikeromeoone

• Just got here
Sprog on the block.
« on: 06 October 2023, 15:02 »
Just joined the forum. I'm a geriatric with a Mk8 GTI Clubsport. Just picked it up from Vertu Mansfield after being serviced. As part of the recall, they've fitted a very nice new engine cover. Tidies the bay up a treat.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Sprog on the block.
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2023, 22:00 »
Welcome mikeromeoone  :smiley: from a trainee geriatric also with a Clubsport but minus an engine cover…

Some photos of your car would be nice, and how are you enjoying the Clubsport?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mikeromeoone

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2023, 16:36 »
The Clubsport is a massive improvement on my first VW. You might have to sit down for this. My first VW was a 1972 flat screen 1200cc powder blue Beetle. Fabulous car. Loved it and loved the very utilitarian state of it. Paid 850 quid for it in about 1975. Sold it three years later for 750 to a workmate. He annihiliated it, his loss. In the interim had more Beetles, Golfs, Jettas, Passats etc. First Gti was a H reg, 1800cc. Took it to France and it never missed a beat. The next Gti was a Mk 4 in connaught green, this was the only brand new car I've ever bought. I passed this on to my eldest lad and when he'd had his fussy out with it it came back to my wife who loved it. Since then they tend to be about a year old. Basically new but with a discount.The comparison between the first and the last would be like comparing a balsa wood glider and an F16. Ain't progress grand?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2023, 21:40 »
I too had an H reg mk2 GTI! I had a mk4 as well, I was much more fond of the former.

You’ve certainly remained a loyal VW owner.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline GE90

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2024, 08:37 »
Just joined the forum. I'm a geriatric with a Mk8 GTI Clubsport. Just picked it up from Vertu Mansfield after being serviced. As part of the recall, they've fitted a very nice new engine cover. Tidies the bay up a treat.

How are you finding it Nigel?

I’ve just purchased one, collecting on Saturday.

Being a slightly ‘mature’ owner, I’m just hoping the ride isn’t too choppy with 19” wheels!

Cheers.

Offline mikeromeoone

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 05 April 2024, 17:50 »
Tried posting while on holiday in the sun. Doesn’t look like it arrived. Fair to say I love it. Very sure footed and quick enough to satisfy me. Had it just over a year and I just enjoy getting in it and just going anywhere. I hope you enjoy yours just as much as I do.