Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 555670 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1720 on: 09 May 2018, 05:55 »
Thanks, I like the look of those Autofinesse ones  :smiley:

They are excellent and fit in their wax pots perfectly too, meaning you can place it in the pot and twist, rather than digging the wax out as you might otherwise do. You get and even layer of wax on the applicator, so it goes onto the car more evenly.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1721 on: 10 May 2018, 12:43 »
Ordered some goodies as I've run out of a few bits. Thought I'd try out some Gtechniq W4 citrus snowfoam, just to see what it's like as I find others of their products to be very good. Also ordered some FinishKare Pink Wax, I use their 1000P high temperature sealant which is very good and they recommend the Pink Wax to be applied on top for a deeper wet look gloss. For £18 it seemed worth a go :smiley: Plus a few other replacements.

Got my new bits 'n bobs today, like getting a little pressie :smiley:, just need to find a chance to use them. I have a weekend off but not sure I'll be allowed to indulge :rolleyes:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1722 on: 10 May 2018, 19:17 »
Ordered some goodies as I've run out of a few bits. Thought I'd try out some Gtechniq W4 citrus snowfoam, just to see what it's like as I find others of their products to be very good. Also ordered some FinishKare Pink Wax, I use their 1000P high temperature sealant which is very good and they recommend the Pink Wax to be applied on top for a deeper wet look gloss. For £18 it seemed worth a go :smiley: Plus a few other replacements.

Got my new bits 'n bobs today, like getting a little pressie :smiley:, just need to find a chance to use them. I have a weekend off but not sure I'll be allowed to indulge :rolleyes:

Nice selection of goodies Watts. A reel of blue masking tape too; is that in readiness to start machine polishing?  :whistle:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1723 on: 10 May 2018, 19:31 »

Be a devil and indulge Peter lol no point getting pressies and putting them away.
I did ours last weekend 7.15 am as I knew the forcast worked a treat and rewarded myself with a cpl of cold ones around lunchtime after cutting the grass etc lol   :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1724 on: 10 May 2018, 19:35 »

Nice selection of goodies Watts. A reel of blue masking tape too; is that in readiness to start machine polishing?  :whistle:

Well spotted! Just been picking up the odd bit when I see it in readiness. It really does need it now! Maybe an interim hand polish :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1725 on: 10 May 2018, 19:38 »
Stop pussyfooting about and just buy a DA Watts.    :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1726 on: 10 May 2018, 20:01 »
Stop pussyfooting about and just buy a DA Watts.    :grin:

If that's not a moderator bo**ocking I don't know what is :grin:
I like to take my time with the big decisions in life. :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1727 on: 11 May 2018, 15:37 »
Gave my sister's car a pretty full on going over today. Her and my brother-in-law are away and their car has been parked at mine where the local Starlings have been using it for target practice. Apart from the poo it was covered in tar spots. So a lengthy jet wash, snow foam, rinse and wash. Dried it off then I spent a considerable amount of time with TARDIS getting all the tar off. Then a good soak in IronX which revealed loads of contamination.

Jet washed then another wash including the wheels which were remarkably clean compared with the rest of the car. I gave it a good go with my Wo-Wo clay mitt then a final rinse and dry. Then I tried out my Lake Country hand polish pad with some Meguiars 205 and was not only surprised at the improvement it made but also at how much my back ached :rolleyes: Then it was sealed with some FinishKare 1000P and topped off with their Pink Wax, I'm really impressed with the result, looking forward to getting some on my own car. Finished off with some Gtechniq C2v3 on all glass and lights and treated the tyres to some FinishKare Top Kote.

The interior really needs cleaning but I've run out of puff for one day :laugh:

Sorry, my sister likes Toyotas.

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1728 on: 11 May 2018, 16:57 »
Gave my sister's car a pretty full on going over today. Her and my brother-in-law are away and their car has been parked at mine where the local Starlings have been using it for target practice. Apart from the poo it was covered in tar spots. So a lengthy jet wash, snow foam, rinse and wash. Dried it off then I spent a considerable amount of time with TARDIS getting all the tar off. Then a good soak in IronX which revealed loads of contamination.

Jet washed then another wash including the wheels which were remarkably clean compared with the rest of the car. I gave it a good go with my Wo-Wo clay mitt then a final rinse and dry. Then I tried out my Lake Country hand polish pad with some Meguiars 205 and was not only surprised at the improvement it made but also at how much my back ached :rolleyes: Then it was sealed with some FinishKare 1000P and topped off with their Pink Wax, I'm really impressed with the result, looking forward to getting some on my own car. Finished off with some Gtechniq C2v3 on all glass and lights and treated the tyres to some FinishKare Top Kote.

The interior really needs cleaning but I've run out of puff for one day :laugh:

Sorry, my sister likes Toyotas.

Looks good Watts. I hope your sister appreciates your efforts and you’ll be suitably rewarded with some beer or wine tokens. :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1729 on: 11 May 2018, 17:29 »
Looks good Watts. I hope your sister appreciates your efforts and you’ll be suitably rewarded with some beer or wine tokens. :smiley:

Cheers SR, it was a tough day by my usual standard but I enjoyed it :smiley:. Won't be expecting anything in return as they are very generous when we come and stay in their 'B&B' :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.