Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 555183 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1200 on: 04 July 2017, 16:43 »
Looking shiny Watts. The last picture looks quite arty :grin:

Glad you're enjoying your new pressure washer. I also have the problem with the hoses and cables getting tangled! :angry: I usually half fill the snow foam lance bottle with a mix of water and snow foam and I find that's plenty for my small car, otherwise it does go on forever as you've found out.

I also need to switch from Photobucket; need to do a bit of research on what the alternatives are.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1201 on: 04 July 2017, 17:04 »
Cheers SR. Must say I did enjoy using the pressure washer, must remember though not to snowfoam my neighbour's house too and definitely not the pressure washer itself :rolleyes: :laugh:

It's a shame about photobucket, although the site was unreliable it was at least easy to use. Flickr though, it's a better site, very slick looking but so far I've found it really difficult to use. I'm probably not the best yardstick though so you might want to give it a go.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #1202 on: 04 July 2017, 17:18 »
Try Imgur, their iOS app is pretty good too :smiley:

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1203 on: 04 July 2017, 20:49 »
I use postimg.org very simple to use once uploaded copy the hotlink for forum and past to message simplezzzz  :whistle:

Cars looking very well Peter and I know what you mean about the unwanted coverage wife's car, fence, erm wife's washing lol all on a days detail lol
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1204 on: 04 July 2017, 21:11 »
Car looks great as ever Watts.   :cool:

Now you need to start saving for a decent replacement pressure hose to replace the kinky (not in the good sense) nylon and plastic hose. A rubber hose with metal braid is the way to go.  Qwashers do great ones (i bought mine off eBay).  These do not kink or twist at all.  Something for the future maybe.

Flickr is a good photo hosting site but with a couple of downsides - getting the BBCode (required for posting on forums) is a bit longwinded and the Flickr app does not allow for BBCode copying which means you need to use the full desktop website. But the linked quality is good, I switched a few years back from Photobucket and much prefer Flickr.  Your issues with distorted images are I think related to this forum.  I never had any issues with image distortion or wrong orientation until last few months and it will randomly resize some images but not others.  I now manually have to go into the post and change the width and length sizes of the distorted pics.  Now I post the same images and links on another forum and have no such issues so I definitely think it something to do with this forum.  I did mention it to JV who runs the site in a post a few weeks back but not sure he got what I was saying.  It's a pita. 

On occasion I use postimage mentioned above.  http://postimages.org  and copy and past the Hotlink for Forums link.  However, (and this depends how picky you are with your images), the quality of the photos through postimage is down on the quality of Flickr linked images.  If this doesn't bother you then no problem. The upside of postimage is you can upload multiple pics at once, but the downside is that it doesn't matter what order you upload them in, the site will randomly mix them up.  No biggie unless you are trying to organise a forum post with in sequence photos.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2017, 21:15 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1205 on: 04 July 2017, 21:46 »
I use postimg.org very simple to use once uploaded copy the hotlink for forum and past to message simplezzzz  :whistle:

Cars looking very well Peter and I know what you mean about the unwanted coverage wife's car, fence, erm wife's washing lol all on a days detail lol

Cheers Neil, that stuff certainly does get everywhere! I'll have a look at that site, Flickr is good but a little frustrating and I have little patience with IT stuff being more of a hammer and nails kind of person :whistle:

Car looks great as ever Watts.   :cool:

Now you need to start saving for a decent replacement pressure hose to replace the kinky (not in the good sense) nylon and plastic hose. A rubber hose with metal braid is the way to go.  Qwashers do great ones (i bought mine off eBay).  These do not kink or twist at all.  Something for the future maybe.

Flickr is a good photo hosting site but with a couple of downsides - getting the BBCode (required for posting on forums) is a bit longwinded and the Flickr app does not allow for BBCode copying which means you need to use the full desktop website. But the linked quality is good, I switched a few years back from Photobucket and much prefer Flickr.  Your issues with distorted images are I think related to this forum.  I never had any issues with image distortion or wrong orientation until last few months and it will randomly resize some images but not others.  I now manually have to go into the post and change the width and length sizes of the distorted pics.  Now I post the same images and links on another forum and have no such issues so I definitely think it something to do with this forum.  I did mention it to JV who runs the site in a post a few weeks back but not sure he got what I was saying.  It's a pita. 

On occasion I use postimage mentioned above.  http://postimages.org  and copy and past the Hotlink for Forums link.  However, (and this depends how picky you are with your images), the quality of the photos through postimage is down on the quality of Flickr linked images.  If this doesn't bother you then no problem. The upside of postimage is you can upload multiple pics at once, but the downside is that it doesn't matter what order you upload them in, the site will randomly mix them up.  No biggie unless you are trying to organise a forum post with in sequence photos.

Thanks for all the good advice, I could definitely do with a longer hose ( :embarrassed:) so I don't have to move the washer around so much, I'll take a look at Qwashers. DA next on the list :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1206 on: 05 July 2017, 12:31 »
That looks well nice Watts, I do love red. I'd be interested in an easy way to post photos as well.

I drove past a house the other day and I think the guy was using his snowfoam Lance for the first time. I couldn't even tell what type of car it was and the foam was about 6" deep, 5' around the car. The poor guy was stood looking at the end of the lance, it was so funny. It looked a bit like he had used washing up liquid or something. My wife said, I don't think he read the instructions.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2017, 12:33 by I wanted a GTi »
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1207 on: 05 July 2017, 12:51 »

Thanks for the heads up on that, makes Photobucket look clumsy. Thanks

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1208 on: 05 July 2017, 20:01 »
Washed it and gave it a going over of Done & Dusted. Anyone else used it and got streaks? It was in bright sunshine so I may do it again but inside the next time.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1209 on: 05 July 2017, 21:18 »
Washed it and gave it a going over of Done & Dusted. Anyone else used it and got streaks? It was in bright sunshine so I may do it again but inside the next time.

Nope, no streaks which is one of the reasons I love it.  Just ordered a new bottle this week as all got used up on various bird poo 'events'. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11