Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 383343 times)

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2140 on: 15 March 2014, 07:06 »
....midlife crisis here we come :smug:

Well I'm glad you said it  :wink:

You're not alone.

:grin:
Really after a classic 911 for the full crisis effect, but finds will not quite stretch to one that won't be a complete money pit.

Maybe for my 45th.......
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2141 on: 15 March 2014, 08:07 »
A lad at work who is only 2 years older than me has imo hit midlife as hes just went out and bought an Audi RS4 cabriolet!
I do keep thining of an R8v10 coupe so its creaping up on me too.... :shocked:

I just need to get my ass into gear this year and sell rather than buy and have a big car and garage collection clearout..
« Last Edit: 15 March 2014, 08:10 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2142 on: 15 March 2014, 10:25 »
Justified to my wife it's a far better option than chasing young women  :whistle:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2143 on: 15 March 2014, 12:23 »
Justified to my wife it's a far better option than chasing young women  :whistle:

:grin:  assuming they'd have you

Not today but last night........partner kerbed a wheel.  I was in the car with him when it happened and despite the unmistakable sound of grinding metal, he still had the audacity to deny it, till I got out and showed him.

Maybe time to trade him in for a younger (and more careful) model  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2144 on: 15 March 2014, 12:43 »
Out with the old and in with the new lol.

Best make sure wife doesn't read this or I'll be in the dogs bed tonight :laugh:

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2145 on: 17 March 2014, 07:31 »
Well that all changed, I have ended up buying a fairly rare black MY00 Integra Type-Rx (DC2), looks like I will doing some track days this year  :cool:

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2146 on: 17 March 2014, 09:01 »
lol, funny change or events.....Love the  Integra Type-Rx. what are the prices like for parts?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2147 on: 17 March 2014, 09:09 »
Well that all changed, I have ended up buying a fairly rare black MY00 Integra Type-Rx (DC2), looks like I will doing some track days this year  :cool:

Now that's more like it  :drool:

Great to see some pics when you get it.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2148 on: 17 March 2014, 10:01 »
Ross - Comparable to German cars I.e. bloody expensive!

Booth - indeed, nobody needs to see my mug when I am driving about.

Was really interesting as the s2000 I viewed was an absolute dog of a car, didn't even get as far as looking inside...walked around it a few times and shook the chaps hand, thanked him for his time and walked away within 2 mins.

The ITR ad had only been on for 10mins when I saw it on Pistonheads,  was 30 mins up the road and was sold to me after an hour long inspection and test drive. Car is absolutely spotless and has been fanatically maintained, can't wait to pick it up Weds/Thurs evening.

Will pop a few pics up over weekend :cool:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2149 on: 17 March 2014, 15:16 »
nobody needs to see my mug when I am driving about.

I know exactly what you mean. Mother in law has an MX5. I've driven that a few times and it's been an absolute  blast, however as soon as I get to somewhere with other people around, the roof has to go up. I felt too old to be seen in it when I was the wrong side of 30. Now 40 has long since been and gone, it's definitely not a good look. 
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.