Author Topic: Going extraordinary lengths for things.  (Read 16342 times)

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
Re: Going extraordinary lengths for things.
« Reply #30 on: 11 November 2018, 11:02 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 11 November 2018, 13:00 »

Wheel Woolies are on my list for Santa this year albeit I suspect if I'm going to get them then I will need to don the red suit and white beard myself..... :rolleyes:

Tell the man in red that we are all waiting for the long awaited DA to drop down your chimney!  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 11 November 2018, 20:24 »

Wheel Woolies are on my list for Santa this year albeit I suspect if I'm going to get them then I will need to don the red suit and white beard myself..... :rolleyes:

Tell the man in red that we are all waiting for the long awaited DA to drop down your chimney!  :grin:

:embarrassed: :whistle: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 12 November 2018, 00:26 »
Took the scenic route home from work tonight as I sometimes do if I fancy a bit of fun down the country lanes. What a difference these wheels have made. It's one of the best mods I've ever done to any of my car's. Would highly recommend going for a set of lightweight wheels for those of you who like to tinker with their cars.

Offline Jeffers40

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 12 November 2018, 08:43 »
I completely agree with you as one of the best mods I've done to a car. I bought a set recently too for my CSE40, or what ever the abbreviation is for my car..., and they were in Spain so had them shipped. They just don't seem to come up in the UK. Anyway the difference in weight from the 19" Brescia wheels my car came with was amazing and the difference in the ride of the car is equally amazing. Whether its the jump from 19" to 18" making it more compliant or the reduction in unsprung weight but the car rides so much better with them fitted.
2016 GTi Clubsport Edition 40

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 12 November 2018, 09:48 »
I completely agree with you as one of the best mods I've done to a car. I bought a set recently too for my CSE40, or what ever the abbreviation is for my car..., and they were in Spain so had them shipped. They just don't seem to come up in the UK. Anyway the difference in weight from the 19" Brescia wheels my car came with was amazing and the difference in the ride of the car is equally amazing. Whether its the jump from 19" to 18" making it more compliant or the reduction in unsprung weight but the car rides so much better with them fitted.

It's probably a bit of both tbh. I very nearly went for a set of Brescia from  Kunzmann but I saw a video on YouTube from TyreReview and they recommend the best size wheel for the Golf was 18". Then once I found out about the weight of the Belvedere it was a no brained. Performance > Looks from now on when it comes to alloys for me.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 12 November 2018, 10:15 »
Performance > Looks from now on when it comes to alloys for me.

I think you have covered both of those points equally this time!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Stretts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 12 November 2018, 14:14 »
I've seen a few mention the wheel woolies now, might be my next purchase I reckon. I did coat them in Gtechniq C5 before they went on so I'm hoping that'll do a lot of the hard work for me.

Wheel Woollies are on offer at Autobright Direct at the moment only £40 for 7.  I got mine on Saturday. :wink:
2018 white 3 door Gti, Seville wheels 90% tinted glass. Now sold.
2020 Mk 8 etsi R Line. Now sold.
2024 Manual White GTI  Adelaide's, winter pack & camera.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 12 November 2018, 23:41 »
7 wheel brushes?

Now don't get me wrong, I love wasting my money on detailing gear but why on earth would anyone want 7 brushes? I'd much rather jack the car up and take each wheel off.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #39 on: 13 November 2018, 09:24 »
7 wheel brushes?

Now don't get me wrong, I love wasting my money on detailing gear but why on earth would anyone want 7 brushes? I'd much rather jack the car up and take each wheel off.

I like to get the wheels off a couple of times a year to give them a really good clean and seal but for general washing? That's dedication! I can definitely see the benefit of brushes, I've gotten used to the complex Santiagos but anything that makes the process more efficient would be worthwhile. Hopefully my letter addressed to Santa c/o Lapland will do the trick :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.