Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2829039 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4700 on: 28 May 2016, 15:53 »
Decided to check my wheel bolts with my torque wrench today after doing about 80 miles since fitting my spacers.
I can report that they haven't remotely loosened so I'll call that a job well done :wink:
Anyone still undecided on whether to fit wheel spacers or not should just take the plunge asap.
They dramatically improve the look of a GTI/GTD, especially from the rear where most people probably see the car from :whistle:
Other than the steering initially feeling slightly heavier ( this feeling soon disappears ), there is no downside that I can see up to now :smiley:
Don't hesitate in buying the 'Sparco' spacers, they really are a cut above in terms of quality and price.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2016, 17:35 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4701 on: 28 May 2016, 17:56 »
Sorry to hear your bad news Pixwix.
My personal view is rather than the scum following you, as I think you might notice, they come out at night and prowl round the housing estates when most folks cars are sitting in the drive.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline ASKendrew

• Not said much yet
  • 2016 MK7 Golf GTI with Performance Pack
« Reply #4702 on: 29 May 2016, 00:48 »
Sorry to hear about the car Pixwix. I live in the Farnley area of Leeds and our friends in Pudsey had their Carbon Grey GTD stolen a couple of months back and that was last seen in the Bradford area. Looks like yours may have gone the same way with heading over to the Birstall / Cleckheaton way. My mother who only lives a few streets down from me had their patio door similarly put through and an RS4 and Transit Van stolen. They didn't even have chance to react and the cars were already driving off down the road. Absolute scum bags and like others have said, if they wanted something they would have taken it regardless, so wouldn't beat yourself up over it. Really do hope you get some good news from the Police soon.

I've got my GTI on order and will be installing a security post on my drive before it arrives (just for peace of mind). To be honest I left my Beetle outside off the drive and it was never touched once (then again who really likes Beetle's? :rolleyes:) so I guess you never do know. Like I said above...if they want it I'm sure they'll come in and threaten for it.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2016, 00:50 by ASKendrew »
Sold: VW Beetle 1.4 TSI with Airlift Performance Suspension, USA R-Line Bumpers and Rotiform SNA.

Current: Carbon Grey MK7 Golf GTI with Performance Pack, CarPlay and Parking Pack.

Co-founder of Pure Dents & Deck Mate UK.

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4703 on: 29 May 2016, 09:09 »
Thanks for all the good wishes and such a shame that it seems to be quite common, debating whether to get another especially since everyone else seems to have Carbon Grey, didn't seem to be too many about but now everyone's tag line seems to indicate that's what they have...I told the police it was reasonably rare in CSG and PP, CID officer said and they were looking in Leeds area for it yesterday, good job you haven't got yours yet ASKendrew :smiley:
Expecting my delivery of new car mats, from Carmats2u as per Booth11, next week :cry:

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4704 on: 29 May 2016, 10:16 »
Thanks for all the good wishes and such a shame that it seems to be quite common, debating whether to get another especially since everyone else seems to have Carbon Grey, didn't seem to be too many about but now everyone's tag line seems to indicate that's what they have...I told the police it was reasonably rare in CSG and PP, CID officer said and they were looking in Leeds area for it yesterday, good job you haven't got yours yet ASKendrew :smiley:
Expecting my delivery of new car mats, from Carmats2u as per Booth11, next week :cry:
Carbon grey is common as muck now. Good job it's not available on the R isn't it :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline ASKendrew

• Not said much yet
  • 2016 MK7 Golf GTI with Performance Pack
« Reply #4705 on: 29 May 2016, 12:56 »
Carbon grey is common as muck now. Good job it's not available on the R isn't it :whistle:

Hope you get some good news.

And that's because it's the best colour Kalimon :wink:!
Sold: VW Beetle 1.4 TSI with Airlift Performance Suspension, USA R-Line Bumpers and Rotiform SNA.

Current: Carbon Grey MK7 Golf GTI with Performance Pack, CarPlay and Parking Pack.

Co-founder of Pure Dents & Deck Mate UK.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #4706 on: 29 May 2016, 13:41 »
My Sparco wheel spacers arrived from Italy today, hopefully I'll fit them tomorrow if it's a dry day.
Very impressed with the build quality, beautifully machined, and they look gorgeous as well!
They come supplied with all fixings so shouldn't be too hard to fit.
I'll take some photos of them and post them up for anyone who is remotely interested :rolleyes:

What did you do for locking wheel nuts as these obviously need to be longer too?

They look like a properly engineered kit, kalimon. Got a link to your supplier? What are you going to use for locking bolts?
Great company to deal with and fast delivery.
They also answer any queries very promptly.
http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=24001X828879&site=golfgtiforum.co.uk&xs=1&isjs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2F331242142763%3F_trksid%3Dp2060353.m1438.l2649%26ssPageName%3DSTRK%253AMEBIDX%253AIT&xguid=e4828ca18f44c84fd9560191dfcd9d4f&xuuid=efc36e6e5f897906436de46a14ec4d9d&xsessid=5e9f657c6f8ffd4b4741c973c17c0b9e&xcreo=0&xed=0&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.golfgtiforum.co.uk%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Dpm&pref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.golfgtiforum.co.uk%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D259354.0&xtz=-60

Thank you, ordered a set for my incoming R  :cool:
Nice one :smiley:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4707 on: 29 May 2016, 19:02 »

Carbon Grey is a lovely colour and one I always thought I might go for had it been available for the R, but not anymore - I prefer Limestone Grey and Reflex Silver - IMO they are much better choices for the R.  They work beautifully with the styling and really show off the sharp Mk7 lines to superb effect. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4708 on: 29 May 2016, 19:04 »
Washed it.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4709 on: 29 May 2016, 19:59 »
The more I see of yours Rebecca the more I fancy an R
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.