Author Topic: the new(er) vr  (Read 3179 times)

Offline jimmyb

• GTI forum regular
the new(er) vr
« on: 23 October 2010, 14:32 »
paid £1000 for this car and everything seems well,when i bought last weekend it had a passenger window that didnt work and a cracked rear light,both of which i had spare parts for so they are now sorted it also had really hazed paint,which came up well after a good t-cut,but it has a bit of rust at the bottom of the drivers wing and it does have a couple of light scratches,and was a category d in 2003, but i put that aside because theres more good points than bad,the good 1s include 57000 mile,black leather very clean due to milage,climatronic,completely original throughout,i wanna keep it standard but i just keep thinking hmmmmm what shall i do? lol

Offline jeremybarker

• Here all the time
Re: the new(er) vr
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2010, 19:45 »
Do what i'm doing with my MK2, keep it OEM, tidy the paintwork up, refurb the wheels and lower it.

Very nice, I still think the VR6 is in my top ten engine sounds. In fact i'd still love to keep the look of my car OEM but stick a VR6 engine in  :smiley:

Making up for lost time

Offline jimmyb

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2010, 19:49 »
sounds sensible and along the lines of what i was thinking to be honest,could do with the wheels refurbing aswell,maybe some hid`s as well as lowering :), ps ive never been in a mk2 vr i cant even imagine what there like :S,so do you need any bits for your mk2? im breaking 1 atm,lol

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2010, 20:17 »
looks nice that, nice mileage!  yeah keep it looking factory bit give it a drop.

Offline jeremybarker

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 23 October 2010, 20:31 »
What's the car your breaking?

Making up for lost time

Offline jimmyb

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 23 October 2010, 20:33 »
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=169528.0
mk2 8v one in ten million edition,all original apart from drivers door and boot

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 23 October 2010, 20:41 »
Looks a good clean find :afro:

Offline jimmyb

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 23 October 2010, 20:47 »
cheers,i was really wary of the milage as it dont have a service book,it has m.o.t`s down till 2005 tho,but its the condition of the seats and steering wheel etc that makes me belive it has 57k and the way its smooth as fcuk,love it :)

Offline jeremybarker

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 23 October 2010, 20:50 »
I can see myself maybe adding a mk3 VR6 to go with the MK2, it's alot of fun for the money.

Making up for lost time

Offline jimmyb

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 23 October 2010, 20:52 »
they really are a absolute bargain at the moment,i moved from mk2s to vr6`s due to so much more for my hard earned pennys,,get 1 mate im sure you will love it