Author Topic: Spotted!  (Read 5169 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Spotted!
« Reply #10 on: 11 July 2013, 22:29 »
Hopefully never I cant get over how much better it is than mk6 edition 35. Steering is incredible and the ride is in a different league.

Good old Doc made my banner, I wouldn't know where to start about making a banner.

Demo car has pro nav which is sweet and keyless, going to going out for a blast now to see how good the lights are and the ambient lighting.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 12 July 2013, 21:46 »
Hopefully never I cant get over how much better it is than mk6 edition 35. Steering is incredible and the ride is in a different league.

Good old Doc made my banner, I wouldn't know where to start about making a banner.

Demo car has pro nav which is sweet and keyless, going to going out for a blast now to see how good the lights are and the ambient lighting.

Ahem, pics please  :smiley:
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 13 July 2013, 00:09 »
Spotted a dark colour GTI (midnight blue perhaps??) on the Portaferry Road, Newtownards, NI. Probably no one from on here  :rolleyes: The LED DRL look amazing and I think it had a personalised plate  :cool:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 13 July 2013, 15:37 »
Didn't take long.... I just spotted a MKV GTI with the MK7 front wing GTI badges. It actually looked good!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 13 July 2013, 17:33 »
Definitely need some pucs evo!

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #15 on: 13 July 2013, 22:55 »
I took some paperwork into my local dealer today, and parked up was a Mk7 GTI in CSG.  Must say, in the sun it looked really good, though I felt it lost the detailing at the front being a dark colour.  I really liked the 18" wheels though, absolutely stunning.  Didn't have much time to sit and gawp, and I'll have my own soon enough, but nice to get up close to one.  Makes it all feel more real if that make sense!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #16 on: 14 July 2013, 22:38 »
Passed a black or CSG GTI on the A1303 near Madingley this afternoon.  My wife was driving and I wasn't looking ahead so only saw it very fleetingly.  The local demo is red so must be a customer one.

Offline GazM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 14 July 2013, 23:03 »
Saw a white mark VII GTI approaching M50 near Dublin. First one I've seen on Irish roads. Looked fantastic. Colour was great. It really stood out. Austin's looked amazing on the move. Wasn't you was it JoeGTI ??

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 14 July 2013, 23:05 »
Saw a white mark VII GTI approaching M50 near Dublin. First one I've seen on Irish roads. Looked fantastic. Colour was great. It really stood out. Austin's looked amazing on the move. Wasn't you was it JoeGTI ??

Haha yes it could have been me! I was in Dublin for the weekend, I would have been on the M50 around 2:30pm...

It was my first extended spin in the car, it was great!
2 slight negatives though after 2 weeks ownership. The steering wheel doesn't feel as nice or as comfortable in the hand as the MK6. It really could be slightly chunkier, but it's a minor quibble. The cruise buttons on the wheel rather than on the stalk is much better though.
Secondly, I'm slightly disappointed with the seats. I don't think they hug you as much as the mk5/6 seats. I think the seat base and back are wider. I'm a smallish frame so I find that the bolsters aren't gripping me as much as the mk6 seats did. They do look super though!

Finally, I think there's a lot of tyre roar at motorway speeds. Definitely seems more pronounced than my old Gtd. I'm on Bridgestones.

« Last Edit: 14 July 2013, 23:11 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline JellyB

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 14 July 2013, 23:28 »
5dr GTi, Midnight Blue. A5 through Milton Keynes last Friday around 9am.

I was thinking the 5dr in Midnight Blue I have on order would be kind of rare.. :D