Author Topic: Amp sub and hu wiring  (Read 844 times)

Offline s17nj

• Not said much yet
Amp sub and hu wiring
« on: 30 September 2006, 01:05 »
Hey guys, quick question.
When i had my polo mk3, amp wiring was so easy, just took off the glove box and there was a rubber bulb to feed the wire to the battery. got rid of that old thing and now i have a mk3 gti, i was going to run rcas etc down the driver side and the battery cable down the passenger side? Problem ive got is, the passenger side has no glove box, theres a frigging airbag there, is there anyone who has the same thing and could tell me how to run the wire to the battery?
I can take out the plastic part underneath the airbag, but all there is behind it is pure metal, cant see anything! :undecided:

Offline V_Arse6

• GTI forum regular
Re: Amp sub and hu wiring
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2006, 12:49 »
Yeah..  There's a rubber grommet thingy that's already got a load of wiring going through, fairly high-up in the passenger footwell. It's easier to do this from the engine side.

I just made a small hole in that (slightly smaller than Actual cable so it still makes a decent seal), and poked the cable through from the engine bay until it was sticking into the footwell, then just pulled it through.   

You'll need to remove the plastic trim really.  I'm going to pick up a proper glovebox replacement for mine I think.. I get sick of all the stuff I've got in the 'glove hole' flying everywhere when I give it some beans... :grin:

'95 Mk3 VR6
FK Highsports, Crystal Clear Fogs/Indicators/Repeaters, Mk4 Style Headlights, PiperX induction, Bonnet lifters. (Need to update pic for new headlights)

Offline s17nj

• Not said much yet
Re: Amp sub and hu wiring
« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2006, 03:09 »
thanks for the reply.
  I had a clifford alarm fitted in my car, and i saw where they put the siren cable through, so i followed that and it ended up just underneath the airbad which was sweet to run thourhg the passenger side.  :wink:
Thanks for the reply tho! much appreciated.....