Author Topic: Buckfizzturbos Build Thread: VW Bora > Air Suspension > BBS RS  (Read 146675 times)

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Morning all

If you follow me on Instagram (nathan_lowcollective) you would have seen the most recent update of my build. Here it is of you haven't.

1st off a pic of what might never be seen. My FULL hardline air build. Great work by Andy but he's still not happy so even what you see in this pic isn't finished. Note there are no push fittings or other sort of joins used. It's all hardline and then welded where joined.

Next up so we can get the boot build together lee painted the tank for me. Great job by him as always and can't wait to let him loose on the bit of bodywork it will have soon.

Smooth tank with custom brackets. Super clean!!

More soon :)

Nathan
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
The standard of workmanship looks fantastic as ever mate. :afro:

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Morning all

Let's start of with a little teaser pic. The before (pile of crap) and after pic of my new dishes. Glad there with mike :)

There looking good. Hopefully should be all built and back on at my door in the next week.

Also the air suspension is nearing conpletion. Really not much more to do.

Here's a pic

Nothing crazy just clean and simple. Note no join in the floor. Something that me and Andy made sure didn't happen. Not easy tho. I've also got complete access to my spare wheel and storage should anything go wrong. It was something we made sure we could have as I wanted to make sure a spare was available when doing the long European inc worthersee drives for years to come.

So yeah should be done soon

Thanks

Nathan

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
Very tidy.  :cool:
Golf GTI ... What else would you have?

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Pow!!! So happy with this!!

And that's the air complete. She goes up and down. Next up I will hopefully be showing you the car dumped over the step up RS.

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Morning all.

Tuesday was the evening where it was nearing completion for the air suspension. As I was on daddy duty I had to leave as the boot had been completed. Thanks to Andy and lee they stayed up the unit later and kicked some ass. Not knowing what they had achieved until a vid on Instagram popped up showing it going up and down. Yup the lads had finished it :)

Typically the next day was my 1st shift at work so I had to wait to see it. Still high winds and cranes don't go together well so I finished early and went straight to the unit.

To say I was like a kid at Christmas was a understatement. I'm over the moon how it has turned out. Seeing it in my unit laid out on the floor after being in the air for 2 months just made it look so cool even on the standard wheels.

Now it was time for a test drive but as it was the 1st time it had seen daylight I grabbed some very dirty pics. Here they are:

And the boot:

Love how the boot turned out.

How was the drive? Well pretty dam perfect. This is the 3rd car I've owned on air now and the performance struts are in a league of there own. Infact all the chassis mods have really turned this into a great car to drive. Very happy.

Next up will to fit the new tyres I've ordered for the bbs when they turn up and then will work on fitment ready for mivw. At the mo the car is about 1" off the floor but the standard wheels and tyres measure in at about 25.5". I had my mate measure his 18s and it's easily going to lay frame so will be even lower once the bbs are fitted. :)

Sadly it won't make it to the paint shop before mivw but I'm going to book it in for after to get a few bits cleaned and painted aswel as fit the gli trim.

Again thanks for reading and I will update once the wheels are fitted

Cheers

Nathan

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Been a bit quiet lately but MIVW prep is well under way!!

First up was to get the front end sorted out. Now I had decided that I was going to leave this as I've just bought my first home and it wasn't cheap but to have the car sit and run how I wanted it, it had to be done. After test fitting the RS it confirmed that the wings would need rolling properly and re painting.

Originally I wanted the full front end painted, wings rolled, side repeaters removed and gli trim fitted but decided to settle on smoothing the rub strip, rolling the arches and give the front end a lick of paint. Saved me a few hundred quid which can go towards the house.

So in it went with my good mate lee at VW Anticks last week and I collected it today. Here's the pics

Sanded down

Arch lip as flat as a pancake

Rub strip smoothed and all primed

Front end primed

And painted

Lastly all completed

Great work by lee. He polished up my headlights again for me so they look alot better too. I also ditched the black grill, so much more happy with the silver 1.

Front end looks sooooo much better now. Only problem was my bank account as I saved money by not blending into the doors. Slight difference where lee had to prime areas caused by the mud flaps. This made blending into the wings a bit of a mission. No fault by him but 1 I will sort in the new year once the we are in our settled in our brand new home. Will get the gli trim on at the same time.

For now im chuffed. 2 days to sort getting the wheels fitted perfect and to give the car a good clean. Then I should be ready for MIVW Friday

Cheers

Nathan

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Re: Buckfizzturbos Build Thread: VW Bora > Air Suspension > BBS RS
« Reply #587 on: 13 August 2014, 03:16 »
Really need to update this properly but for now here's a pic from MIVW

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #588 on: 13 August 2014, 09:53 »
Yes you really to need to update this one properly!!

Not sure if you're mad, or have a lot of spare cash... and mad! :grin:

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #589 on: 14 August 2014, 11:57 »
Here's a few more taken by myself at MIVW